Insurance in Poland
Insurance in Poland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Poland insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Polish insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 16.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- The non-life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 11.0bn, equivalent to 68.5% of the market's overall value.
- The recovery of the Polish insurance market in 2016 was led by the growth acceleration of written premiums in non-life insurance. The non-life insurance segment bounced back after a sharp fall in premiums in 2015, whilst life insurance continued to implode for a second consecutive year as a result of the low interest rate environment in that period which reduced demand for these products. The National Bank of Poland has held its interest rate at 1.5% since March 2015.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Poland
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Poland
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Poland insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Poland insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Poland insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Poland insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Poland's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Allianz Group 24
ERGO Hestia Group 28
Powszechny Zaklad Ubezpieczen Group 29
Towarzystwo Ubezpieczen I Reasekuracji Warta SA 33
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Tables
Table 1: Poland insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Poland insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Poland insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Poland insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Poland insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Allianz Group: key facts
Table 7: Allianz Group: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Allianz Group: key financials (EUR)
Table 9: Allianz Group: key financial ratios
Table 10: ERGO Hestia Group: key facts
Table 11: Powszechny Zaklad Ubezpieczen Group: key facts
Table 12: Powszechny Zaklad Ubezpieczen Group: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Powszechny Zaklad Ubezpieczen Group: key financials (zl)
Table 14: Powszechny Zaklad Ubezpieczen Group: key financial ratios
Table 15: Towarzystwo Ubezpieczen I Reasekuracji Warta SA: key facts
Table 16: Poland size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Poland gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Poland gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Poland inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Poland consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Poland exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Poland insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Poland insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Poland insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Poland insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Poland insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Poland, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Poland, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Poland, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Poland, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Poland, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Poland, 2017
Figure 12: Allianz Group: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Allianz Group: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Powszechny Zaklad Ubezpieczen Group: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Powszechny Zaklad Ubezpieczen Group: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
ERGO Hestia Group
Powszechny Zaklad Ubezpieczen Group
Towarzystwo Ubezpieczen I Reasekuracji Warta SA
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Poland
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"