Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao (PCAR4)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD), formerly Grupo Pao de Acucar (GPA), is a retailer of home appliances, food, clothing, electronics and other products. The company offers these products through a chain of supermarkets, hypermarkets, departmental stores, neighborhood stores and specialized stores. Its offerings include non-perishable food products, beverages, fruits, vegetables, meat, bread, and disposable products; and non-food products clothing, magazines, CDs and DVDs, furniture, mattresses, gardening and electronics products. CBD offers its products under various brands including Pao de Acucar, Minuto Pao de Acucar, Minimercado Extra, Extra Hyper, Aliados, Posto Extra, Drogaria Extra, Conviva, Extra Supermercado and Assai. It also sells products online through its e-commerce platforms Extra.com, Pontofrio.com, Casasbahia.com, Cdiscount.com, and Barateiro.com. The company operates distribution centers and depots across Brazil and the Federal District. CBD is headquartered in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao Key Recent Developments
Apr 26,2018: GPA releases Q1 2018 results
Jul 25,2017: GPA announces results for the second quarter of 2017
Apr 27,2017: GPA announces 1Q17 results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Key Facts 5
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Key Employees 6
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Key Employee Biographies 7
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Major Products and Services 8
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-History 9
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Company Statement 11
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2-Company Analysis 13
Company Overview 13
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Business Description 14
Business Segment: Cash and Carry 14
Key Stats 14
Business Segment: Food Retail 14
Key Stats 14
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Corporate Strategy 16
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis-Overview 17
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Strengths 17
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Weaknesses 18
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Opportunities 19
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Threats 20
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao-Key Competitors 21
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 23
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 28
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 29
Jul 25, 2017: GPA announces results for the second quarter of 2017 29
Apr 27, 2017: GPA announces 1Q17 results 31
Section 5-Appendix 34
Ratio Definitions 34
About GlobalData 38
Contact Us 38
List of Figures
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 26
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Ratio Charts 28
List of Tables
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Key Facts 5
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Key Employees 6
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Key Employee Biographies 7
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Major Products and Services 8
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, History 9
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Subsidiaries 12
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Key Competitors 21
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Ratios based on current share price 22
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Annual Ratios 23
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 24
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 25
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, Interim Ratios 27
Currency Codes 34
Capital Market Ratios 34
Equity Ratios 35
Profitability Ratios 35
Cost Ratios 36
Liquidity Ratios 36
Leverage Ratios 37
Efficiency Ratios 37
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Fast Shop SA
Lojas Insinuante Ltda
Magazine Luiza SA
Prezunic Comercial Ltda.
Walmart Brasil Ltda
Zona Sul Atende
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"