Marks and Spencer Group plc (MKS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Marks and Spencer Group plc (MKS)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Marks and Spencer Group plc (M&S) is a retail company, which offers a wide range of apparels, home products and food items. Its product portfolio consists of womenswear, menswear, kids wear, lingerie, cosmetics, footwear, home ware, laptops, groceries, ready meals and others. It operates through a network of owns and franchise stores. M&S offers products of various private label brands such as Classic, Portfolio, Indigo, Autograph, North Coast, Collezione. M&S through its flagship website M&S.com provides online retailing services to its customers. The segment sells its products across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The company is headquartered in London, the UK.
Marks and Spencer Group plc Key Recent Developments
Jul 16,2018: Marks & Spencer has plans for further 300 job cuts to reel in costs
Jun 22,2018: InMoment Announces M&S International Win of Prestigious Customer Experience Award
May 23,2018: M&S suffers another dramatic fall in profits as store closure programme bites
May 22,2018: Marks and Spencer to close 100 stores
May 21,2018: Marks and Spencer Group appoints new non-executive directors
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Key Facts 5
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Key Employees 6
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Key Employee Biographies 7
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Major Products and Services 8
Marks and Spencer Group plc-History 9
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Company Statement 13
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 - Company Analysis 16
Company Overview 16
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Business Description 17
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Corporate Strategy 18
Marks and Spencer Group plc-SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis-Overview 19
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Strengths 19
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Weaknesses 20
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Opportunities 21
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Threats 22
Marks and Spencer Group plc-Key Competitors 23
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 30
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 31
Jun 22, 2018: InMoment Announces M&S International Win of Prestigious Customer Experience Award 31
Mar 27, 2018: M&S Clothing & Home MD installs new leadership team as it powers on with transformation 32
Mar 26, 2018: M&S Clothing & Home MD installs new leadership team as it powers on with transformation 33
Mar 23, 2018: Marks & Spencer accelerates transformation plan with new food Managing Director 34
Section 5 - Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 28
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Ratio Charts 30
List Of Table
List of Tables
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Key Facts 5
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Key Employees 6
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Key Employee Biographies 7
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Major Products and Services 8
Marks and Spencer Group plc, History 9
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Subsidiaries 15
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Key Competitors 23
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Ratios based on current share price 24
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Annual Ratios 25
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 26
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 27
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Interim Ratios 29
Currency Codes 35
Capital Market Ratios 35
Equity Ratios 36
Profitability Ratios 36
Cost Ratios 37
Liquidity Ratios 37
Leverage Ratios 38
Efficiency Ratios 38
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
The TJX Companies, Inc.
Next Retail Ltd.
New Look Retail Group Limited
J Sainsbury Plc
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB
Dorothy Perkins Retail Ltd
Debenhams Retail plc
Christian Dior SE
Asda Stores Ltd
Arcadia Group Limited
Walmart Inc The TJX Companies, Inc. Tesco Plc Next Retail Ltd. Next Plc New Look Retail Group Limited J Sainsbury Plc Inditex SA H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB Dorothy Perkins Retail Ltd Debenhams Retail plc Christian Dior SE Asda Stores Ltd Arcadia Group Limited