Renewable Energy in the Netherlands
Renewable Energy in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Netherlands renewable energy market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The renewable energy market consists of the net generation of electricity through renewable sources. It is divided into four segments, these being hydroelectricity; wind energy; solar, tide and wave energy; electricity generated through biomass, waste and geothermal energy. The volume of the market is calculated as the net volume of electricity produced through renewable means in terawatt hours (TWh), and the market value has been calculated according to an average of annual domestic and industrial retail prices per kWH, inclusive of applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The Dutch renewable energy market had total revenues of USD 2.6bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market production volume increased with a CAGR of 10.7% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 18.8 TWh in 2017.
- The country has struggled with limitations on certain segments: for example, as a flat country with no mountains, options for hydropower are low.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the renewable energy market in the Netherlands
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the renewable energy market in the Netherlands
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key renewable energy market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Netherlands renewable energy market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Netherlands renewable energy market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Netherlands renewable energy market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Netherlands renewable energy market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the Netherlands's renewable energy market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
Eneco Holding NV 26
RWE AG 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 37
Country data 37
Industry associations 40
Related MarketLine research 40
About MarketLine 41
List of Figures
Figure 1: Netherlands renewable energy market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Netherlands renewable energy market volume: TWh, 2013-17
Figure 3: Netherlands renewable energy market category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 4: Netherlands renewable energy market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Netherlands renewable energy market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Netherlands renewable energy market volume forecast: TWh, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the renewable energy market in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the renewable energy market in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the renewable energy market in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the renewable energy market in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the renewable energy market in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the renewable energy market in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 13: Eneco Holding NV: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Eneco Holding NV: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: RWE AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: RWE AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Vattenfall: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Vattenfall: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Netherlands renewable energy market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Netherlands renewable energy market volume: TWh, 2013-17
Table 3: Netherlands renewable energy market category segmentation: TWh, 2017
Table 4: Netherlands renewable energy market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 5: Netherlands renewable energy market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Netherlands renewable energy market volume forecast: TWh, 2017-22
Table 7: Eneco Holding NV: key facts
Table 8: Eneco Holding NV: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Eneco Holding NV: key financials (EUR)
Table 10: Eneco Holding NV: key financial ratios
Table 11: RWE AG: key facts
Table 12: RWE AG: key financials (USD )
Table 13: RWE AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 14: RWE AG: key financial ratios
Table 15: Vattenfall: key facts
Table 16: Vattenfall: key financials (USD )
Table 17: Vattenfall: key financials (SEK)
Table 18: Vattenfall: key financial ratios
Table 19: Netherlands size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 20: Netherlands gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Netherlands gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Netherlands inflation, 2013-17
Table 23: Netherlands consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 24: Netherlands exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"