Renewable Energy in South Korea
Renewable Energy in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Korea renewable energy market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The renewable energy market consists of the net generation of electricity through renewable sources. It is divided into four segments, these being hydroelectricity; wind energy; solar, tide and wave energy; electricity generated through biomass, waste and geothermal energy. The volume of the market is calculated as the net volume of electricity produced through renewable means in terawatt hours (TWh), and the market value has been calculated according to an average of annual domestic and industrial retail prices per kWH, inclusive of applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The South Korean renewable energy market had total revenues of USD 2.4bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 32.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market production volume increased with a CAGR of 19.1% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 19.2 TWh in 2017.
- The companies that must increase the mix of renewable energy regularly choose wood pellets as a source, and demand for these are expected to increase.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the renewable energy market in South Korea
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the renewable energy market in South Korea
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key renewable energy market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Korea renewable energy market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Korea renewable energy market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the South Korea renewable energy market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Korea renewable energy market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Korea's renewable energy market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 25
Korea Electric Power Corporation 25
Macroeconomic Indicators 29
Country data 29
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Figures
Figure 1: South Korea renewable energy market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: South Korea renewable energy market volume: TWh, 2013-17
Figure 3: South Korea renewable energy market category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 4: South Korea renewable energy market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: South Korea renewable energy market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: South Korea renewable energy market volume forecast: TWh, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the renewable energy market in South Korea, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the renewable energy market in South Korea, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the renewable energy market in South Korea, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the renewable energy market in South Korea, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the renewable energy market in South Korea, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the renewable energy market in South Korea, 2017
Figure 13: Korea Electric Power Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Korea Electric Power Corporation: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: South Korea renewable energy market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: South Korea renewable energy market volume: TWh, 2013-17
Table 3: South Korea renewable energy market category segmentation: TWh, 2017
Table 4: South Korea renewable energy market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 5: South Korea renewable energy market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: South Korea renewable energy market volume forecast: TWh, 2017-22
Table 7: Korea Electric Power Corporation: key facts
Table 8: Korea Electric Power Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Korea Electric Power Corporation: key financials (KRW)
Table 10: Korea Electric Power Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 11: South Korea size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 12: South Korea gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 13: South Korea gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: South Korea inflation, 2013-17
Table 15: South Korea consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 16: South Korea exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"