Waste Management in South Africa
Waste Management in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa waste management market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The waste management industry consists of all municipal solid waste (MSW)-including non-hazardous waste generated in households, commercial establishments and institutions, and non-hazardous industrial process wastes, agricultural wastes and sewage sludge. The industry's value represents the amount of total typical charge per ton for landfill multiplied by the volume of MSW generated. The industry's volume represents the total MSW generation. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates
- The South African waste management industry had total revenues of USD 355.0m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.1% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 24.6 million tons in 2017.
- According to the World Bank, South Africa's population grew from 53.8 million in 2013 to 56.7 million in 2017. Further, South Africa's GDP grew significantly between 2013 and 2017, growing from ZAR3.5tn (approximately USD 263.5bn) to ZAR4.7tn (approximately USD 353.8bn) in 2017. Significant population and economic growth will contribute to increased waste.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the waste management market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the waste management market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key waste management market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa waste management market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Africa waste management market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the South Africa waste management market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa waste management market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is South Africa's waste management market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market volume 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market Outlook 11
Market value forecast 11
Market volume forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
Averda Servus s.a.l. 20
Sembcorp Industries Ltd 21
The Waste Group Operations (Pty) Ltd 24
Macroeconomic Indicators 25
Country data 25
Industry associations 28
Related MarketLine research 28
About MarketLine 29
List of Figures
Figure 1: South Africa waste management industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: South Africa waste management industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Figure 3: South Africa waste management industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: South Africa waste management industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: South Africa waste management industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the waste management industry in South Africa, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the waste management industry in South Africa, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the waste management industry in South Africa, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the waste management industry in South Africa, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the waste management industry in South Africa, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the waste management industry in South Africa, 2017
Figure 12: Sembcorp Industries Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Sembcorp Industries Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: South Africa waste management industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: South Africa waste management industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Table 3: South Africa waste management industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: South Africa waste management industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: South Africa waste management industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Table 6: Averda Servus s.a.l.: key facts
Table 7: Sembcorp Industries Ltd: key facts
Table 8: Sembcorp Industries Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Sembcorp Industries Ltd: key financials (SiUSD )
Table 10: Sembcorp Industries Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 11: The Waste Group Operations (Pty) Ltd: key facts
Table 12: South Africa size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 13: South Africa gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: South Africa gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: South Africa inflation, 2013-17
Table 16: South Africa consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 17: South Africa exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"