Waste Management in Spain
Waste Management in Spain industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Spain waste management market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The waste management industry consists of all municipal solid waste (MSW)-including non-hazardous waste generated in households, commercial establishments and institutions, and non-hazardous industrial process wastes, agricultural wastes and sewage sludge. The industry's value represents the amount of total typical charge per ton for landfill multiplied by the volume of MSW generated. The industry's volume represents the total MSW generation. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates
- The Spanish waste management industry had total revenues of USD 540.5m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -1.1% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 20.3 million tons in 2017.
- Spain's recycling rate of municipal waste is significantly below the European average.
- Recycling rate of municipal waste in Spain is 29.7% in 2016, compared to the EU average of 45.8%.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the waste management market in Spain
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the waste management market in Spain
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key waste management market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Spain waste management market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Spain waste management market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Spain waste management market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Spain waste management market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Spain's waste management market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Market volume forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 17
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 22
Compania Espanola de Servicios Publicos Auxiliares S.A. (CESPA) 22
Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas S.A. 23
Urbaser S.A. 26
Macroeconomic Indicators 27
Country data 27
Industry associations 30
Related MarketLine research 30
About MarketLine 31
List of Figures
Figure 1: Spain waste management industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Spain waste management industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Figure 3: Spain waste management industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Spain waste management industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Spain waste management industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the waste management industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the waste management industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the waste management industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the waste management industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the waste management industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the waste management industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 12: Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas S.A.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Spain waste management industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Spain waste management industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Table 3: Spain waste management industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Spain waste management industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Spain waste management industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Table 6: Compania Espanola de Servicios Publicos Auxiliares S.A. (CESPA): key facts
Table 7: Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas S.A.: key facts
Table 8: Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 10: Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 11: Urbaser S.A.: key facts
Table 12: Spain size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 13: Spain gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: Spain gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Spain inflation, 2013-17
Table 16: Spain consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 17: Spain exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"