Netscribes' latest market research report titled Wind Turbine Market in India 2014 mentions that renewable energy is gaining prominence within the country. Wind energy accounts for majority of the renewable energy generated in the country. With India facing continuous shortfall in the supply of energy required to cater to the demands of its growing population through conventional sources, the focus is shifting from conventional to renewable sources of energy. As more and more wind power projects are being planned for this reason, the market for wind turbines is also expected to grow. Various other reasons such as high prices and the lack of easy availability of raw materials for generating electricity through thermal plants are also responsible for driving growth within the market. However, the government's decision to withdraw various schemes that provided several incentives to wind energy producers in the past is having a negative impact on the market's growth. Off-shore wind energy generation, hybrid generators such as solar photovoltaic, wind and diesel as well as the advent of small wind turbines are some of the key trends that are being witnessed in the industry at present.
Several government and industry bodies are working towards the development of the market and various policy and regulatory incentives are being provided to wind energy producers. However, the market remains import dependent. Majority of the players operating in the market are foreign companies and there is stiff competition among these players. The advancements in technology and the resultant reduction in costs will ensure that the market will grow steadily over the next few years.
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun 2013-Nov 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013-Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Aug 2013-Jan 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: India-Energy Scenario and Region-Wise Installed Capacity
Slide 6: Renewable Energy Scenario, Energy Market Segmentation and Renewable Energy Market Segmentation
Slide 7: Wind Power-Generation Procedure & Cost Component
Slide 8: Wind Turbine Generator Components
Slide 9: Turbine Technology Options
Slide 10: Types of Turbine Towers
Slide 11: Wind Turbine-Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2007-2018e)
Slide 12: Market Segmentation-Geared vs. Gearless and Ownership of Installation (2012)
Slide 13: Cost Component Variation -Geared vs. Gearless (2011)
Slide 14-15: Indian Business Models
Slide 16: Export of Wind Mills & Turbines-Overview, Size (Value-Wise; 2009-10-2012-13), Region-Wise Exports (Value-Wise; 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 17: Import of Wind Mills & Turbines-Overview, Size (Value-Wise; 2009-10-2012-13), Region-Wise Imports (Value-Wise; 2011-12, 2012-13)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 18: Drivers and Challenges-Summary
Slide 19-24: Drivers
Slide 25-28: Challenges
Slide 29: Key Trends-Summary
Slide 30-35: Major Trends in the Market
Slide 36: Major Government Bodies
Slide 37: Major Associations
Slide 38: Policy and Regulatory Incentives
Slide 39: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 40: Wind Turbine Market-Market Share
Slide 41: Manufacturers Offering Class II and Class III Wind Turbines
Slide 42-46: Competitive Benchmarking (FY 2012)
Slide 47-54: Major Public Players
Slide 55-110: Major Private Players
Slide 111: Cost Reduction for Manufacturing WTG -Summary
Slide 112-118: Cost Reduction Techniques
Slide 119-122: Market Entry Strategies
Slide 123: Key Ratios Description
Slide 124: Sources of Information
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jun-Jul 2013-Oct-Nov 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013-Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Aug 2013-Jan 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Energy Market Segmentation (Jan 2013)
2. Renewable Energy Market Segmentation (Jan 2013)
3. Cost Breakup of a Wind Farm
1. Wind Turbine-Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2007-2018e)
2. Market Segmentation-Geared vs. Gearless (2012)
3. Market Segmentation-Ownership of Installation (2012)
4. Cost Break-up of Geared Turbines (2011)
5. Cost Break-up of Gearless Turbines (2011)
1. Export of Wind Mills & Turbines (Value-Wise: 2009-10-2012-13)
2. Region Wise Exports (Value-Wise; 2011-12)
3. Region Wise Exports (Value-Wise; 2012-13)
4. Import of Wind Mills & Turbines (Value-Wise: 2009-10-2012-13)
5. Region Wise Imports (Value-Wise; 2011-12)
6. Region Wise Imports (Value-Wise; 2012-13)
Drivers & Challenges
1. India Energy Demand-Supply Forecasts (2006-07, 2011-12, 2016-17e)
2. Specific CO2 Emissions from Power Plants (2011-2012)
3. Rise in Crude Oil Prices (Jan 2009-Jan 2014)
4. Shortfall in Coal Supply (2010-2013e)
5. Steel-Price Rise (Mar 2011-Dec 2012)
6. Copper-Price Rise (Jul 2012-Jan 2013)
1. State-wise Distribution of Wind-Solar Hybrid Systems (2011)
1. Wind Turbine Market-Market Share (FY2012)
2. Competitive Benchmarking-Key Ratios of 5 Major Companies-Operational & Financial Basis (2011-2012)
3. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (Private Companies; except Wind World (India) Ltd. And Regen Powertech Pvt. Ltd.)
b. Financial Snapshot (except Regen Powertech Pvt. Ltd.)
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies
1. Wind Turbine Market-Business Model Comparison
Drivers & Challenges
1. Untapped Wind Power Potential in Five Leading States
1. Public Trading Comparables
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies, Except B. Braun Medical (India) Pvt. Ltd. & MIV Therapeutics (India) Pvt. Ltd.)
a. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
b. Key Ratios (except Wind World (India) Ltd. And Regen Powertech Pvt. Ltd.)
e. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
1. Suzlon Energy Ltd.
2. The Tata Power Company Ltd.
1. GE India Industrial Pvt. Ltd.
2. Vestas Wind Technology India Pvt. Ltd.
3. Kenersys India Pvt. Ltd.
4. Gamesa Wind Turbines Pvt. Ltd.
5. Wind World (India) Ltd.
6. RRB Energy Ltd.
7. Global Wind Power Pvt. Ltd.
8. Regen Powertech Pvt. Ltd.
9. Winwind Power Energy Pvt. Ltd.
10. Chiranjjeevi Wind Energy Ltd.
11. Inox Wind Ltd.
12. Leitwind Shriram Manufacturing Ltd.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"