Oil & Gas in Mexico
Oil & Gas in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Mexico oil & gas market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The oil and gas market volume is defined as the total consumption (barrels of oil equivalent) of refined petroleum products and natural gas by end-users in each country.
- The Mexican oil & gas market had total revenues of USD 40.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -16% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.2% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 1,255.3 million barrels of oil equivalent in 2017.
- Consumption has been relatively stable in Mexico. According to the IEA, transportation was the largest source of final energy consumption in 2015, accounting for 42.6%. The NAFTA agreement has firmly cemented trade relations in North America for Mexico, with 84% of Mexican exports received by the US and Canada. It is unsurprising that the bulk of the freight industry is supported by road freight.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the oil & gas market in Mexico
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the oil & gas market in Mexico
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key oil & gas market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Mexico oil & gas market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Mexico oil & gas market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Mexico oil & gas market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Mexico oil & gas market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Mexico's oil & gas market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 21
Threat of substitutes 23
Degree of rivalry 25
Leading Companies 26
Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX) 26
Statoil ASA 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 33
Country data 33
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Figures
Figure 1: Mexico oil & gas market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Mexico oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Figure 3: Mexico oil & gas market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Mexico oil & gas market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Mexico oil & gas market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Mexico oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the oil & gas market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the oil & gas market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the oil & gas market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the oil & gas market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the oil & gas market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the oil & gas market in Mexico, 2017
Figure 13: Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX): revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX): assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Statoil ASA: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Statoil ASA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Mexico oil & gas market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Mexico oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Table 3: Mexico oil & gas market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Mexico oil & gas market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 5: Mexico oil & gas market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Mexico oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Table 7: Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX): key facts
Table 8: Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX): key financials (USD )
Table 9: Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX): key financials (MXN)
Table 10: Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX): key financial ratios
Table 11: Statoil ASA: key facts
Table 12: Statoil ASA: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Statoil ASA: key financials (NOK)
Table 14: Statoil ASA: key financial ratios
Table 15: Mexico size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Mexico gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Mexico gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Mexico inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Mexico consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Mexico exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"