Utilities in Spain
Utilities in Spain industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Spain utilities market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The utilities industry consists of the electricity, gas and water markets.
- The Spanish utilities industry had total revenues of USD 106.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- The gas segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 47.5bn, equivalent to 44.8% of the industry's overall value.
- In 2017, Spain accounted for 7.3% of the European utilities industry making it the fifth most dominant country in that industry.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the utilities market in Spain
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the utilities market in Spain
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Spain utilities market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Spain utilities market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Spain utilities market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Spain utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Spain's utilities market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 17
Degree of rivalry 18
Leading Companies 19
Sociedad General de Aguas de Barcelona SA 19
Endesa SA 21
Gas Natural Fenosa 24
Iberdrola, S.A. 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
Table 1: Spain utilities industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Spain utilities industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Spain utilities industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Spain utilities industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Sociedad General de Aguas de Barcelona SA: key facts
Table 6: Endesa SA: key facts
Table 7: Endesa SA: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Endesa SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 9: Endesa SA: key financial ratios
Table 10: Gas Natural Fenosa: key facts
Table 11: Gas Natural Fenosa: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Gas Natural Fenosa: key financials (EUR)
Table 13: Gas Natural Fenosa: key financial ratios
Table 14: Iberdrola, S.A.: key facts
Table 15: Iberdrola, S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Iberdrola, S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 17: Iberdrola, S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 18: Spain size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: Spain gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Spain gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Spain inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: Spain consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: Spain exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Spain utilities industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Spain utilities industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Spain utilities industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Spain utilities industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the utilities industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the utilities industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the utilities industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the utilities industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the utilities industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the utilities industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 11: Endesa SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Endesa SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Gas Natural Fenosa: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Gas Natural Fenosa: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Iberdrola, S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Iberdrola, S.A.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Sociedad General de Aguas de Barcelona SA
Gas Natural Fenosa
Energy and Utilities, Utilities, MarketLine, Spain
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"