ForeSights: Cannabidiol - A natural compound in cannabis renowned for its health properties
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
ForeSights: Cannabidiol-A natural compound in cannabis renowned for its health properties
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound that is naturally found in the cannabis plant that is thought to have therapeutic properties with commercial potential.
Derived from the cannabis plant, CBD is a plant-based compound that is believed to help prevent seizures caused by specific types of epilepsy. Advocates of CBD believe that the non-psychoactive compound (which lacks THC) may also benefit cognitive function, alleviate stress and anxiety, fight inflammation, relieve pain, and even improve mood.
- CBD is one of nearly 90 phyto-cannabinoids (compounds in the leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds) of the Cannabis sativa plant, thought to have therapeutic properties (anti-inflammatory, analgesic, etc.).
- It is derived from the same plant as marijuana, though it comes from a type of cannabis (typically hemp) that has little or none of the psychoactive chemical THC that provides a "high."
- CBD's health properties are the subject of debate. The US FDA is close to approving a pharmaceutical-grade form of CBD (Epidiolex) to treat seizures associated with two rare forms of epilepsy after successful clinical tests.
- It may have the potential to address key health issues that consumers say they are willing to pay to treat, including tiredness, fatigue, stress, insomnia, arthritis, and depression.
- Consumer goods firms are already experimenting with CBD as an ingredient though its health properties are unproven. Functional water has emerged as a major point of entry for CBD. Skincare and pet care are other possibilities for CBD.
- CBD's legal status is murky at best. Countries like the US, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, and the UK have eased regulations around CBD in recent years, though regulations can vary from one place to another.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
GW Pharmaceuticals plc
Vet Online Supply
American Pet Products Association
American Academy of Dermatology
US Drug Enforcement Agency
World Health Organization