ForeSights: Cannabidiol-A natural compound in cannabis renowned for its health properties
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound that is naturally found in the cannabis plant that is thought to have therapeutic properties with commercial potential.
Derived from the cannabis plant, CBD is a plant-based compound that is believed to help prevent seizures caused by specific types of epilepsy. Advocates of CBD believe that the non-psychoactive compound (which lacks THC) may also benefit cognitive function, alleviate stress and anxiety, fight inflammation, relieve pain, and even improve mood.
- CBD is one of nearly 90 phyto-cannabinoids (compounds in the leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds) of the Cannabis sativa plant, thought to have therapeutic properties (anti-inflammatory, analgesic, etc.).
- It is derived from the same plant as marijuana, though it comes from a type of cannabis (typically hemp) that has little or none of the psychoactive chemical THC that provides a "high."
- CBD's health properties are the subject of debate. The US FDA is close to approving a pharmaceutical-grade form of CBD (Epidiolex) to treat seizures associated with two rare forms of epilepsy after successful clinical tests.
- It may have the potential to address key health issues that consumers say they are willing to pay to treat, including tiredness, fatigue, stress, insomnia, arthritis, and depression.
- Consumer goods firms are already experimenting with CBD as an ingredient though its health properties are unproven. Functional water has emerged as a major point of entry for CBD. Skincare and pet care are other possibilities for CBD.
- CBD's legal status is murky at best. Countries like the US, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, and the UK have eased regulations around CBD in recent years, though regulations can vary from one place to another.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
GW Pharmaceuticals plc
Vet Online Supply
American Pet Products Association
American Academy of Dermatology
US Drug Enforcement Agency
World Health Organization
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"