Adding Value Through Packaging 2018: Chocolate, Confectionery and Desserts - Identifying pack formats and features that make a brand worth paying more for
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Adding Value Through Packaging 2018: Chocolate, Confectionery and Desserts-Identifying pack formats and features that make a brand worth paying more for
"Adding Value Through Packaging 2018: Chocolate, Confectionery and Desserts", explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the chocolate, confectionery, and desserts categories, using examples from GlobalData's Pack-Track innovation tool.
Chocolate, confectionery, and desserts are popular categories for snacking, but with a huge and varied selection of products on the retail shelf, it can be difficult for brand owners to offer something unique to consumers. Packaging is a key element that can provide differentiation and important added-value benefits. By using packaging to enhance sensory appeal and improve convenience and functionality it is possible to adapt to changing lifestyles and different ways of consuming sweet treats. The current health and wellbeing trend means that health-conscious consumers are looking for more natural products with a perceived "better for you" image and packaging can be used to convey this. We have used GlobalData's Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the category, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within GlobalData's TrendSights framework.
Key Questions Answered
- What drives packaging innovations in chocolate, confectionery and desserts?
- What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in these categories in recent years?
- Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on?
- How can chocolate, confectionery, and desserts manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
- Indulgence is a key purchase driver in the category and packaging can be used to make a product look and feel more premium through greater sensory appeal to target style-conscious consumers who are looking for products that fit in with their values and lifestyle aspirations.
- Consumers are looking for enhanced experiences and novel pack formats that encourage sharing is one way to bring a stronger sense of enjoyment and pleasure.
- Clever use of packaging presentations and design cues can help manufacturers to capitalize on the popularity of the wellness trend and the growing demand for natural or perceived "better for you" products.
Reasons to buy
- Use GlobalData's Added Value Through Packaging reports to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Appreciate the importance of the sensory element of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Adding Value Through Packaging: Opportunities
Adding Value Through Packaging: Spotlight
Adding Value Through Packaging: Examples We Like
Adding Value Through Packaging: TrendSights
Adding Value Through Packaging: Action Points
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Packaging, Pack-Track, Seize+Adapt, FMCG, CPG, innovation, value-added features, consumer trends, chocolate, confectionery, desserts, ice cream, convenience, dispensing, easy-open, reclosable, portion control, moderation, avoidance, premiumization & indulgence, health & wellbeing, wellness, on-the-go, pouches, flexible packaging, plastics, surface texture, shape, decoration, added functionality, sensory appeal, sensory fusion, fresh, natural & pure, children, Millennials, Generation X, interaction, consumer experience, brand impact, sharing, enjoyment, sugar backlash, festive, seasonal, luxury, gifting
Perfetti van Melle
Grupo Cafe Britt
DOTI Sp. J. MDC
Marks & Spencer
Lotte Wedel Sp. z o.o.
Noble Desserts Holdings