Netscribes' latest market research report titled Biscuit Market in India 2013 talks about the various crucial aspects of the market space in India and highlights the major growth strategies and opportunities relevant for the major biscuit manufacturers in India. Vital statistics pertaining to the market landscape such as product penetration, per capita consumption, market segmentations, consumer preferences and market share of players to name a few, when studied thoroughly reflect the fact that rise in income levels and the consequent hike in consumerism are mainly boosting the market's growth in India. It has also been observed that even though the import value levels are growing at a very modest rate, export valuation on the other hand has been skyrocketing over the past couple of years, which again depicts a healthy state of the market.
The market in India is governed by relevant authorities in order to ensure safe consumption and proper hygiene standards are maintained. Additionally, an array of policies, taxation norms and export & import regulations has been chalked out in an attempt to maintain a health market scenario in India. Eminent trends have also been observed in the market which mainly arises due to key factors such as the rising income levels, changing consumerism patterns and health consciousness. The competitive landscape in the market is healthy and there is an array of major biscuit manufacturers which have managed to dominate a significant share in the market. Establishing a proper brand name and maintaining an attractive product line-up remains the top most priority of these players.
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Nov 2012-Apr 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2011-Feb 2012), Exchange Rate: Monthly (Dec 2012-May 2013)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), Trade Balance: Annual, FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Market Segmentation & Scope of the Report
Slide 6: Value Chain
Slide 7-12: Indian Biscuit Market Overview, Per Capita Consumption, Market Size and Growth Figures (value-wise; 2012-2017e), Annual Production in Organized Sector (2008-09 to 2011-12), Market Segmentation (2012), Value Contribution of Biscuits (2010, 2011 & 2012), Region-wise Biscuit Consumption (2012), Rural & Urban Market Penetration, Change in Market Share of Players (2009-10 & 2010-11) and Market Penetration Strategy
Slide 13-23: Consumer Insights & Preferences
Slide 24: Export Overview, Exports (value-wise; 2010-11 to 2012-13), Country-wise Exports (2011-12 & 2012-13)
Slide 25: Import Overview, Imports (value-wise; 2010-11 to 2012-13), Country-wise Imports (2011-12 & 2012-13)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 26: Drivers and Challenges-Summary
Slide 27-30: Drivers
Slide 31-33: Challenges
Government Rules & Policies
Slide 34: Government Rules & Policies-Summary
Slide 35-38: Trends
Slide 39: Key Trends-Summary
Slide 40-43: Major Trends in the Market
Slide 44: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 45-46: Major Biscuit Brands in India
Slide 47-51: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 52-112: Major Companies
Slide 113-116: Key Recommendations
Slide 117: Appendix
Slide 118: Sources of Information
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Nov-Dec 2012-Mar-Apr 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2011-Feb 2012)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Dec 2012-May 2013)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Per Capita Biscuit Consumption (2012)
2. Market Size & Growth (2012-2017e)
3. Annual Production in Organized Sector (2008-09 to 2011-12)
4. Market Segmentation (2012)
5. Value Contribution of Biscuits (2010, 2011 & 2012)
6. Region-wise Biscuit Consumption (2012)
7. Market Share of Major Players (2009-10 & 2010-11)
1. Profile of Respondents-Gender
2. Profile of Respondents-Age-wise
3. Purchasing Pattern of Biscuits
4. Shape Preference of Biscuits
5. Frequency of Biscuit Consumption
6. Pattern of Biscuit Consumption
7. Preference Pattern of Types of Biscuits
8. Preference Pattern
9. Packaging Preference
10. Brand Preference
11. Factors Influencing Purchase
12. Quality Purchase Preference
13. Purchase Location Preference
14. Sources of Information
15. Demand of Biscuits-Family Member-wise Split
16. Family Shopping Split
17. Biscuit Purchase Budget
18. Monthly Expenditure of Biscuits
1. Exports (Value-wise; 2010-11 to 2012-13)
2. Country-wise Exports (Value-wise; 2011-12 & 2012-13)
3. Imports (Value-wise; 2010-11 to 2012-13)
4. Country-wise Imports (Value-wise; 2011-12 & 2012-13)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Aggregate Consumption (2005, 2015e & 2025e)
2. Aggregate disposable Income (2005, 2015e & 2025e)
3. Growth in Television Industry (2010-2015e)
4. Development of Print Media (2009-2014e)
5. Number of Retail Outlets (2000 & 2010)
6. Number of Hypermarkets in India (2008-2011)
7. Organized Retail Market Space (2010 & 2020e)
8. Growth of Malls in India (2010-11 & 2011-12)
9. Monthly Crude Oil Prices (Apr 2012-Mar 2013)
1. Shift Towards Premiumization
2. Health & Wellness Food Market (2011 & 2015e)
1. Competitive Benchmarking-Key Ratios of 5 Major Companies-Operational & Financial Basis (2012-2013)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business segments
c. Key Geographic segments
1. Public Trading Comparables (FY 2012)
2. Company Profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
a. Key Financial Performance Indicators (All Companies)
b. Key Ratios (All Companies)
d. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Key Ratios Description
2. Sources of Information
1. Britannia Industries Ltd.
2. GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd.
3. ITC Ltd.
4. Anmol Biscuits Ltd.
5. Australian Foods India Pvt. Ltd.
6. Cadbury India Ltd.
7. Dukes Products India Ltd.
8. Elite Foods Pvt. Ltd.
9. Parle Products Pvt. Ltd.
10. Priya Food Products Ltd.
11. Sona Biscuits Pvt. Ltd.
12. SAJ Food Products Pvt. Ltd.
13. Surya Food and Agro Ltd.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"