Success Case Study: Jjawang Instant Noodles - Successfully elevating a staple food group to premium status
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Success Case Study: Jjawang Instant Noodles-Successfully elevating a staple food group to premium status
Nongshim launched a premium instant noodle product, Jjawang, to tap into the South Korean market by targeting time-pressed consumers looking to have a quick, restaurant-style meal.
In South Korea, Nongshim has launched a premium instant noodle variety (Jjawang) that impressed consumers who were moving away from regular staple ramen options. The product recorded sales of KRW10bn (USD8.7m) within one month of its launch, and KRW94bn (USD83.1m) within eight months.
- Nongshim's Jjawang was able to position itself as a luxurious and premium option among conventional instant noodle varieties.
- Standard ramen options, part of the staple diet in South Korea, is gradually being replaced by high quality instant noodle options which are comparable to restaurant-style dishes.
- Jjawang noodles, being quick to prepare, aligns with the specific needs of time-pressed consumers.
- Jjawang's traditional black bean sauce flavor contributed to the success of the product.
- Nongshim successfully targeted consumers with television and online advertisements.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
About Successes & Failures Case Studies
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies