Organic Food in Brazil
Organic Food in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Brazil organic food market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Organic food is produce that has been independently certified to have been grown free of chemicals. Market values are taken at retail selling price (RSP). For the purposes of this report, eggs have been classified as part of the meat, fish and poultry segment. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using 2017 constant annual average exchange rates.
- The Brazilian organic food market had total revenues of USD 1,002.0m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10% between 2013 and 2017.
- The fruit & vegetables segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 381.4m, equivalent to 38.1% of the market's overall value.
- Due to political and economic instability in Brazil in recent years consumer food consumption patterns have increasingly moved away from meat to more affordable vegetables. The fruit and vegetables segment has therefore witnessed very strong growth in Brazil in the historic period.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the organic food market in Brazil
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the organic food market in Brazil
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key organic food market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Brazil organic food market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Brazil organic food market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Brazil organic food market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Brazil organic food market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Brazil's organic food market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Category segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 10
Market Outlook 11
Market value forecast 11
Five Forces Analysis 12
Buyer power 13
Supplier power 14
New entrants 15
Threat of substitutes 17
Degree of rivalry 18
Leading Companies 19
Carrefour SA 19
Cencosud SA 23
Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao 26
Walmart Inc 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: Brazil organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Brazil organic food market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Brazil organic food market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Brazil organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the organic food market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the organic food market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the organic food market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the organic food market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the organic food market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the organic food market in Brazil, 2017
Figure 11: Carrefour SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Carrefour SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Cencosud SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Cencosud SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Walmart Inc: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Walmart Inc: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Brazil organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Brazil organic food market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Brazil organic food market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Brazil organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Carrefour SA: key facts
Table 6: Carrefour SA: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Carrefour SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: Carrefour SA: key financial ratios
Table 9: Cencosud SA: key facts
Table 10: Cencosud SA: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Cencosud SA: key financials (CLP)
Table 12: Cencosud SA: key financial ratios
Table 13: Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao: key facts
Table 14: Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao: key financials (BRL)
Table 16: Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao: key financial ratios
Table 17: Walmart Inc: key facts
Table 18: Walmart Inc: key financials (USD )
Table 19: Walmart Inc: key financial ratios
Table 20: Brazil size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 21: Brazil gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Brazil gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: Brazil inflation, 2013-17
Table 24: Brazil consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 25: Brazil exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"