Organic Food in the United States
Organic Food in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United States organic food market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Organic food is produce that has been independently certified to have been grown free of chemicals. Market values are taken at retail selling price (RSP). For the purposes of this report, eggs have been classified as part of the meat, fish and poultry segment. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using 2017 constant annual average exchange rates.
- The US organic food market had total revenues of USD 51,233.1m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The fruit & vegetables segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 25,335.4m, equivalent to 49.5% of the market's overall value.
- The US organic food market has witnessed exceptional growth in the historic period as growing awareness of the benefits of organic produce as compared to non-organic especially amongst the younger segments of US society has significantly bolstered demand for organic food products. In fact according to the US Organic Trade Association (OTA) the organic food market has grown six times faster in the US than the non-organic food market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the organic food market in the United States
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the organic food market in the United States
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key organic food market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United States organic food market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United States organic food market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the United States organic food market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States organic food market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United States's organic food market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 22
Amazon.com, Inc. 22
Costco Wholesale Corporation 26
The Kroger Co 29
Walmart Inc 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 35
Country data 35
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Figures
Figure 1: United States organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: United States organic food market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: United States organic food market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: United States organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the organic food market in the United States, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the organic food market in the United States, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the organic food market in the United States, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the organic food market in the United States, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the organic food market in the United States, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the organic food market in the United States, 2017
Figure 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Costco Wholesale Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Costco Wholesale Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: The Kroger Co: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: The Kroger Co: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Walmart Inc: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Walmart Inc: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: United States organic food market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: United States organic food market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: United States organic food market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: United States organic food market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 8: Costco Wholesale Corporation: key facts
Table 9: Costco Wholesale Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Costco Wholesale Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 11: The Kroger Co: key facts
Table 12: The Kroger Co: key financials (USD )
Table 13: The Kroger Co: key financial ratios
Table 14: Walmart Inc: key facts
Table 15: Walmart Inc: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Walmart Inc: key financial ratios
Table 17: United States size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 18: United States gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: United States gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: United States inflation, 2013-17
Table 21: United States consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 22: United States exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"