Premier Foods plc (PFD)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Premier Foods plc (Premier Foods) manufacturers and supplies branded and non-branded food products. Its product portfolio includes flavors, seasonings, cooking sauces, quick meals, snacks, soups, dessert items, and cakes. The company markets these products under various brands including Ambrosia, Batchelors, Bisto, Cadbury cakes, Homepride, Loyd Grossman, Mr. Kipling, OXO, Paul Hollywood and Sharwood's. Premier Foods' major customers include supermarkets, discounters, convenience stores, online, wholesale and food service operators. The company primarily distributes its products across the UK. It also supplies certain products to other countries in Europe and the rest of the world. Premier Foods is headquartered in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, the UK.
Premier Foods plc Key Recent Developments
Jul 20,2018: British manufacturer Premier Foods CEO survives investor vote
May 16,2018: Premier Foods announces preliminary results for financial year
Apr 16,2018: Premier Foods appoints Unilever's former sales director
Feb 01,2018: Premier Foods appoints new UK marketing boss
Nov 15,2017: Premier Foods reports half year results for the 26 weeks ended 30 September 2017
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Premier Foods plc-Key Facts 6
Premier Foods plc-Key Employees 7
Premier Foods plc-Key Employee Biographies 8
Premier Foods plc-Major Products and Services 9
Premier Foods plc-History 11
Premier Foods plc-Company Statement 14
Premier Foods plc-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2-Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
Premier Foods plc-Business Description 18
Business Segment: Grocery Business 18
Business Segment: Sweet Treats Business 18
Geographical Segment: Other Europe 18
Geographical Segment: Rest of World 19
Geographical Segment: United Kingdom 19
Target Markets 19
Premier Foods plc-Corporate Strategy 20
Premier Foods plc-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
Premier Foods plc-Strengths 21
Premier Foods plc-Weaknesses 23
Premier Foods plc-Opportunities 24
Premier Foods plc-Threats 25
Premier Foods plc-Key Competitors 26
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 33
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 34
Jul 20, 2018: British manufacturer Premier Foods CEO survives investor vote 34
Jul 20, 2018: British manufacturer Premier Foods CEO survives investor vote 35
May 16, 2018: Premier Foods announces preliminary results for financial year 36
May 16, 2018: Premier Foods announces preliminary results for financial year 37
Apr 16, 2018: Premier Foods appoints Unilever's former sales director 38
Apr 16, 2018: Premier Foods appoints Unilever's former sales director 39
Nov 15, 2017: Premier Foods reports half year results for the 26 weeks ended 30 September 2017 40
Section 5-Appendix 41
Ratio Definitions 41
About GlobalData 45
Contact Us 45
List of Figures
Premier Foods plc, Performance Chart (2015-2018) 31
Premier Foods plc, Ratio Charts 33
List of Tables
Premier Foods plc, Key Facts 6
Premier Foods plc, Key Employees 7
Premier Foods plc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Premier Foods plc, Major Products and Services 9
Premier Foods plc, History 11
Premier Foods plc, Other Locations 15
Premier Foods plc, Subsidiaries 15
Premier Foods plc, Key Competitors 26
Premier Foods plc, Ratios based on current share price 27
Premier Foods plc, Annual Ratios 28
Premier Foods plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Premier Foods plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 30
Premier Foods plc, Interim Ratios 32
Currency Codes 41
Capital Market Ratios 41
Equity Ratios 42
Profitability Ratios 42
Cost Ratios 43
Liquidity Ratios 43
Leverage Ratios 44
Efficiency Ratios 44
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
United Biscuits (UK) Limited
The Real Good Food Company plc
Samworth Brothers Ltd
Northern Foods Limited
Kallo Foods Ltd
Greencore Group Plc
Associated British Foods Plc
Adelie Foods Group Ltd
2 Sister food group
Premier Foods plc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"