Netscribes' latest market research report titled Bottled Water Market in India 2013 covers a wide spectrum of concerns with regard to the bottled water industry and identifies several factors impacting the sale of bottled water in India. The shortage of safe drinking water around the world, especially in the third world countries, has opened up new avenues of opportunity for the bottled water industry. Bottled water is drinking water that has been treated to make it clean and packaged in plastic or glass bottles meant for sale. Bottled water industry caters to one of the most thriving markets within the country. Right from the year 1995, the bottled water industry has witnessed healthy growth in terms of the number of licensed units and market size. The consumption of smaller bottled water units of 500 ml capacity has increased by around 140% perceptibly. The 20-liter bulk water jars have found phenomenal acceptance in households and at workplaces. Due to the growing market size, one can expect a substantial increase in employment opportunities within the bottled water segment in the near future.
The bottled water industry is also witnessing rapid global market growth owing to rising health concerns of the ever-increasing population. India is a country that has witnessed one of the fastest rates of growth in Asia, at more than 20% per annum. Identification of product innovation opportunities by key players has also led to a surge in demand for bottled water. The extensive use of advanced technology in water purification methods is yet another move of strategic importance. The report also identifies a few pain points in the industry that include spurious product differentiation and low rural penetration. The Bureau of Indian Standards has formulated the following standards which provide quality norms for packaged water-IS 14543:2004 Packaged drinking water (other than natural mineral water) (First Revision) and IS 13428: 2005 Packaged natural mineral water (Second Revision).
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Macro Economic Indicators
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Oct-Nov 2012-Feb-Mar 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2011-Feb 2012), Exchange Rate: Monthly (Nov 2012-Apr 2013)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Bottled Water Scenario-Global
Slide 6: Bottled Water Scenario-India
Slide 7: Water Purification Methods
Slide 8: Types of Bottled Water
Slide 9: Manufacturing Process of Bottled Water
Slide 10: Bottled Water Market-Overview (2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e, 2017e)
Slide 11: Market Segments (July 2013)
Slide 12: Market Consolidation
Slide 13: Regional Demand Share for Bottled Water and Market Share of Competitors (July 2013)
Slide 14: Distribution Channel of Bottled Water
Export & Import
Slide 15: Exports-Value-wise (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), Volume-wise (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 16: Exports-Country-Wise Segmentation (Value) (2011-12, 2012-13), Exports-Country-Wise Segmentation (Volume) (2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 17: Imports-Value-wise (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), Volume-wise (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 18: Imports-Country-Wise Segmentation (Value) (2011-12, 2012-13), Imports-Country-Wise Segmentation (Volume) (2011-12, 2012-13)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 19: Drivers & Challenges-Summary
Slide 20-26: Drivers
Slide 27-30: Challenges
Slide 31: Government Regulations-Summary
Slide 32: BIS certification mandatory for packaged drinking water
Slide 33: Standards will result in better quality of drinking water
Slide 34: Recent moves of the BIS impacts players in the market
Slide 35: Trends-Summary
Slide 36-39: Trends
Slide 40: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 41-45: Major Public Player
Slide 46: Major Private Companies-Summary
Slide 47-49: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 50-98: Major Private Players
Slide 99-100: Recent Developments
Slide 101: Strategic Recommendations
Slide 102: Appendix
Slide 103: Sources of Information
Macro Economic Indicators
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Oct-Nov 2012-Feb-Mar 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2011-Feb 2012)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Nov 2012-Apr 2013)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. FDI Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Global Average of per capita Consumption of Bottled Water-Growth (2006, 2011)
1. Bottled Water-Market Size & Growth (2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e, 2016e,, 2017e)
2. Structure-Wise Segmentation (July 2013)
3. Region-Wise Segmentation (July 2013)
4. Bottled Water Market-Segmentation (2012)
5. Market Share of Competitors ( July2013)
Exports & Imports
1. Commodity Wise Exports: Value (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
2. Commodity Wise Exports: Volume (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
3. Exports: Country Wise Segmentation (Value) (2011-12, 2012-13)
4. Exports: Country Wise Segmentation (Volume) (2011-12, 2012-13)
5. Commodity Wise Imports: Value (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
6. Commodity Wise Imports: Volume (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
7. Imports: Country Wise Segmentation (Value) (2011-12, 2012-13)
8. Imports: Country Wise Segmentation (Volume) (2011-12, 2012-13)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Growing Population & Urbanization (2010, 2011 ,2015e, 2020e)
2. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
3. Increase In Foreign Tourist Arrivals (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
4. Per capita water availability in India (1951, 1955, 1991, 2001, 2025e, 2050e)
5. Water Purifiers-Growth (Value) (2011, 2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e)
6. Water Purifiers-Growth (Volume) (2011, 2012, 2013e, 2014e, 2015e)
1. Competitive Benchmarking-Key Ratios of 3 Major Private Companies-Operational Basis (FY 2012)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Ownership Structure (Private Companies)
b. Financial Snapshot-Total Income, Net Profit/Loss (All Companies)
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
1. Market Consolidation
Drivers & Challenges
2. Influx of foreign tourists
1. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information (All Companies)
b. Products and Services (All Companies)
c. Key People (All Companies)
d. Shareholders of the Company (Private Companies)
e. Key Financial Performance Indicators (Public Companies)
f. Key Ratios (All Companies)
g. Business Highlights (All Companies)
1. Recent Developments
2. Sources of Information
1. Mount Everest Mineral Water Ltd.
1. Amust Water Products (P) Ltd.
2. Aqua Plus Enterprise (India) Pvt. Ltd.
3. Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd.
4. Coca-Cola India Pvt. Ltd.
5. Danone Narang Beverages Pvt. Ltd.
6. Dhariwal Industries Ltd.
7. Eureka Forbes Ltd.
8. Natural Sprring Foods Pvt. Ltd.
9. Parle Agro Pvt. Ltd
10. PepsiCo India Holdings Pvt. Ltd.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"