Soft Drinks in India
Soft Drinks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The soft drinks market consists of retail sale carbonates, squash/syrups, nectars, energy drinks, juice, packaged water, sports drinks, iced/RTD tea drinks, flavored water, still drinks, enhanced water, fruit powders, bulk/HOD water, and iced/RTD coffee drinks. However, the total market volume for the soft drinks market excludes powder concentrates, which are included in the market value. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The Indian soft drinks market had total revenues of USD 17,152.1m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 9.6% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 30,443.4 million liters in 2017.
- The market growth in India was primarily attributed to the large population, stable economy and rapid urbanization.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the soft drinks market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the soft drinks market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key soft drinks market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India soft drinks market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India soft drinks market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the India soft drinks market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India soft drinks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in India's soft drinks market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market share 13
Market distribution 14
Market Outlook 15
Market value forecast 15
Market volume forecast 16
Five Forces Analysis 17
Buyer power 18
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
Bisleri International Pvt Ltd 23
The Coca-Cola Co 24
Parle Agro Pvt Ltd 27
PepsiCo, Inc. 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Figures
Figure 1: India soft drinks market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: India soft drinks market volume: million liters, 2013-17
Figure 3: India soft drinks market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: India soft drinks market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: India soft drinks market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 6: India soft drinks market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 7: India soft drinks market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 8: India soft drinks market volume forecast: million liters, 2017-22
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the soft drinks market in India, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the soft drinks market in India, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the soft drinks market in India, 2017
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the soft drinks market in India, 2017
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the soft drinks market in India, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the soft drinks market in India, 2017
Figure 15: The Coca-Cola Co: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: The Coca-Cola Co: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: PepsiCo, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: PepsiCo, Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: India soft drinks market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: India soft drinks market volume: million liters, 2013-17
Table 3: India soft drinks market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: India soft drinks market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: India soft drinks market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 6: India soft drinks market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 7: India soft drinks market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 8: India soft drinks market volume forecast: million liters, 2017-22
Table 9: Bisleri International Pvt Ltd: key facts
Table 10: The Coca-Cola Co: key facts
Table 11: The Coca-Cola Co: key financials (USD )
Table 12: The Coca-Cola Co: key financial ratios
Table 13: Parle Agro Pvt Ltd: key facts
Table 14: PepsiCo, Inc.: key facts
Table 15: PepsiCo, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 16: PepsiCo, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 17: India size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 18: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: India gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: India inflation, 2013-17
Table 21: India consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 22: India exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Bisleri International Pvt Ltd
The Coca-Cola Co
Parle Agro Pvt Ltd
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"