Tobacco in Asia-Pacific
Tobacco in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The tobacco market consists of the retail sale of cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, smokeless tobacco, and smoking tobacco. The cigarettes segment consists of filter cigarettes and plain cigarettes. The cigars and cigarillos segment comprises large cigars and small cigars. Similarly, the smokeless tobacco segment consists of pipe tobacco and fine cut tobacco (FCT) and the smoking tobacco segment includes snuff/snus and chewing tobacco products. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The Asia-Pacific tobacco market had total revenues of USD 292.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume declined with a CARC of -1.5% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 3,218.8 billion pieces in 2017.
- Increasing government regulation to fight against tobacco related disease is affecting market growth.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the tobacco market in Asia-Pacific
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the tobacco market in Asia-Pacific
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key tobacco market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Asia-Pacific tobacco market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Asia-Pacific tobacco market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Asia-Pacific tobacco market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Asia-Pacific tobacco market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Asia-Pacific's tobacco market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market share 13
Market distribution 14
Market Outlook 15
Market value forecast 15
Market volume forecast 16
Five Forces Analysis 17
Buyer power 18
Supplier power 19
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
China National Tobacco Corporation 23
Japan Tobacco Inc. 24
Philip Morris International Inc. 27
Industry associations 31
Related MarketLine research 31
About MarketLine 32
List of Figures
Figure 1: Asia-Pacific tobacco market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Asia-Pacific tobacco market volume: million pieces, 2013-17
Figure 3: Asia-Pacific tobacco market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Asia-Pacific tobacco market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Asia-Pacific tobacco market share: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 6: Asia-Pacific tobacco market distribution: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 7: Asia-Pacific tobacco market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 8: Asia-Pacific tobacco market volume forecast: million pieces, 2017-22
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the tobacco market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the tobacco market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the tobacco market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the tobacco market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the tobacco market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the tobacco market in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 15: Japan Tobacco Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Japan Tobacco Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Philip Morris International Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Philip Morris International Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Asia-Pacific tobacco market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Asia-Pacific tobacco market volume: million pieces, 2013-17
Table 3: Asia-Pacific tobacco market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Asia-Pacific tobacco market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Asia-Pacific tobacco market share: % share, by volume, 2017
Table 6: Asia-Pacific tobacco market distribution: % share, by volume, 2017
Table 7: Asia-Pacific tobacco market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 8: Asia-Pacific tobacco market volume forecast: million pieces, 2017-22
Table 9: China National Tobacco Corporation: key facts
Table 10: Japan Tobacco Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Japan Tobacco Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Japan Tobacco Inc.: key financials (JPY)
Table 13: Japan Tobacco Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 14: Philip Morris International Inc.: key facts
Table 15: Philip Morris International Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Philip Morris International Inc.: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
China National Tobacco Corporation
Japan Tobacco Inc.
Philip Morris International Inc.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"