Fairfax Media Limited (FXJ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Fairfax Media Limited (FXJ)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Fairfax Media Limited (Fairfax) is multi-platform media services provider that focuses on publishing news, information, and entertainment; advertising sales in newspaper, magazine, and digital formats; and radio broadcasting. The company maintains a portfolio of publications such as newspapers, magazines, websites, tablet, and smart phone apps, which offer news and information services. Fairfax Media's publishing business consists of metropolitan, agricultural, regional and community newspapers, and financial and consumer magazines. In the online media domain, the company manages websites for various categories, including automotive, business and finance, dating, employment sites, lifestyle and entertainment, news, property, sports, weather, video, technology, travel and accommodation, regional websites, agricultural sites and others. The company principally operates in Australia, New Zealand, and the US. Fairfax is headquartered in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Fairfax Media Limited Key Recent Developments
Nov 08,2018: Inova Fairfax Medical Campus Receives an A for Patient Safety in Fall 2018 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade
Jul 03,2018: Australia's Fairfax Media spinoff Domain names new CEO
Apr 06,2018: Fairfax Media names Tory Maguire as national editor of The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age
Aug 22,2017: Fairfax Media names new CEO for Stuff
Apr 19,2017: Fairfax Media appoints Matt Rowley as chief revenue officer
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Fairfax Media Limited-Key Facts 6
Fairfax Media Limited-Key Employees 7
Fairfax Media Limited-Key Employee Biographies 8
Fairfax Media Limited-Major Products and Services 9
Fairfax Media Limited-History 11
Fairfax Media Limited-Company Statement 13
Fairfax Media Limited-Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2-Company Analysis 19
Company Overview 19
Fairfax Media Limited-Business Description 20
Business Segment: Australian Community Media 20
Business Segment: Domain Group 20
Business Segment: Metropolitan Media 20
Business Segment: New Zealand Media 21
Business Segment: Radio 21
Geographical Segment: Australia 21
Geographical Segment: New Zealand 21
Fairfax Media Limited-Corporate Strategy 22
Fairfax Media Limited-SWOT Analysis 23
SWOT Analysis-Overview 23
Fairfax Media Limited-Strengths 23
Fairfax Media Limited-Weaknesses 24
Fairfax Media Limited-Opportunities 25
Fairfax Media Limited-Threats 26
Fairfax Media Limited-Key Competitors 27
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 28
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 28
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 29
Performance Chart 32
Financial Performance 32
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 33
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 34
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 35
Nov 08, 2018: Inova Fairfax Medical Campus Receives an A for Patient Safety in Fall 2018 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade 35
Nov 08, 2018: Inova Fairfax Medical Campus Receives an A for Patient Safety in Fall 2018 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade 38
Feb 22, 2017: Fairfax Media appoints non-executive director 41
Section 5-Appendix 42
Ratio Definitions 42
About GlobalData 46
Contact Us 46
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Fairfax Media Limited, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 32
Fairfax Media Limited, Ratio Charts 34
List Of Table
List of Tables
Fairfax Media Limited, Key Facts 6
Fairfax Media Limited, Key Employees 7
Fairfax Media Limited, Key Employee Biographies 8
Fairfax Media Limited, Major Products and Services 9
Fairfax Media Limited, History 11
Fairfax Media Limited, Other Locations 17
Fairfax Media Limited, Subsidiaries 17
Fairfax Media Limited, Key Competitors 27
Fairfax Media Limited, Ratios based on current share price 28
Fairfax Media Limited, Annual Ratios 29
Fairfax Media Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 30
Fairfax Media Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 31
Fairfax Media Limited, Interim Ratios 33
Currency Codes 42
Capital Market Ratios 42
Equity Ratios 43
Profitability Ratios 43
Cost Ratios 44
Liquidity Ratios 44
Leverage Ratios 45
Efficiency Ratios 45
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Fairfax Media Limited, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Seven West Media Limited
Prime Media Group Limited
MediaWorks New Zealand