International Business Machines Corp (IBM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
International Business Machines Corp (IBM)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) is a provider of information technology (IT) products and services. The company manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services. It provides IT infrastructure and business process services, consulting and systems integration, and application management services, and computing power and storage solutions. It also offers lease and loan financing to end users. It serves a wide variety of industries including financial services, public, industrial, distribution, communications and general business. The company operates across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. IBM is headquartered in Armonk, New York, the US.
International Business Machines Corp Key Recent Developments
Jul 23,2018: IBM Singapore lays off hundreds from its Tampines plant
Jul 19,2018: Mainframes the Unlikely Star of IBM's Q2 Earnings
Jul 19,2018: IBM Watson IoT Accelerates Business Transformation in Europe
Jul 18,2018: IBM Reports 2018 Second-Quarter Results
Jul 12,2018: Galp And IBM Build Cutting-Edge Artificial Intelligence Advisor To Speed-Up Appraisal Of Oil And Gas Prospects And Discoveries
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
International Business Machines Corp-Key Facts 6
International Business Machines Corp-Key Employees 7
International Business Machines Corp-Key Employee Biographies 9
International Business Machines Corp-Major Products and Services 10
International Business Machines Corp-History 12
International Business Machines Corp-Company Statement 53
International Business Machines Corp-Locations And Subsidiaries 56
Head Office 56
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 56
Section 2-Company Analysis 60
Company Overview 60
International Business Machines Corp-Business Description 61
Business Segment: Cognitive Solutions 61
Key Stats 61
Business Segment: Global Business Services 61
Key Stats 62
Business Segment: Global Financing 62
Business Segment: Systems 62
Key Stats 62
Business Segment: Technology Services and Cloud Platforms 63
Key Stats 63
Geographical Segment: Asia-Pacific 63
Target Markets 63
Geographical Segment: Europe/Middle East/Africa 63
Target Markets 63
Geographical Segment: The Americas 64
Target Markets 64
International Business Machines Corp-Corporate Strategy 65
International Business Machines Corp-SWOT Analysis 66
SWOT Analysis-Overview 66
International Business Machines Corp-Strengths 66
International Business Machines Corp-Weaknesses 67
International Business Machines Corp-Opportunities 68
International Business Machines Corp-Threats 69
International Business Machines Corp-Key Competitors 70
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 71
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 71
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 72
Performance Chart 75
Financial Performance 75
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 76
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 77
International Business Machines Corp, Recent Deals Summary 78
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 79
Jul 19, 2018: Mainframes the Unlikely Star of IBM's Q2 Earnings 79
Jul 19, 2018: IBM Watson IoT Accelerates Business Transformation in Europe 80
Jul 18, 2018: IBM Reports 2018 Second-Quarter Results 81
Jul 12, 2018: Galp And IBM Build Cutting-Edge Artificial Intelligence Advisor To Speed-Up Appraisal Of Oil And Gas Prospects And Discoveries 83
Jun 29, 2018: IBM and Aramark Join Forces to Speed Digital Healthcare Transformation 84
Jun 22, 2018: Artificial Intelligence-Powered Sugar.IQ(TM) Diabetes Management App Developed by Medtronic and IBM Watson Health Now Commercially Available 85
Jun 06, 2018: Gazprom Neft And IBM Expand Joint Work On New Digital Projects 86
May 23, 2018: IBM adding 1,800 jobs in France and new tech training 87
May 23, 2018: IBM adding 1,800 jobs in France and new tech training 88
May 22, 2018: Apollo Hospitals Adopts IBM Watson for Oncology and IBM Watson for Genomics to Help Physicians Make Data-Driven Cancer Care Decisions 89
Section 5-Appendix 90
Ratio Definitions 90
About GlobalData 94
Contact Us 94
List Of Figure
List of Figures
International Business Machines Corp, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 75
International Business Machines Corp, Ratio Charts 77
List Of Table
List of Tables
International Business Machines Corp, Key Facts 6
International Business Machines Corp, Key Employees 7
International Business Machines Corp, Key Employee Biographies 9
International Business Machines Corp, Major Products and Services 10
International Business Machines Corp, History 12
International Business Machines Corp, Other Locations 56
International Business Machines Corp, Subsidiaries 57
International Business Machines Corp, Key Competitors 70
International Business Machines Corp, Ratios based on current share price 71
International Business Machines Corp, Annual Ratios 72
International Business Machines Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 73
International Business Machines Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 74
International Business Machines Corp, Interim Ratios 76
International Business Machines Corp, Recent Deals Summary 78
Currency Codes 90
Capital Market Ratios 90
Equity Ratios 91
Profitability Ratios 91
Cost Ratios 92
Liquidity Ratios 92
Leverage Ratios 93
Efficiency Ratios 93
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
International Business Machines Corp, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Sentrum Colo Ltd
Pure Storage Inc.
N2N Global Inc.
Leidos Holdings Inc
Inspur Group Co., Ltd.
Insight Enterprises Inc
Infinity Technology, Inc.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
DXC Technology Co
Dell Technologies Inc
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp
Cisco Systems Inc
CA Technologies, Inc.
BMC Software, Inc.
Adobe Systems Incorporated