Oracle Corporation (ORCL)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Oracle Corporation (Oracle) is a provider of cloud-based solutions for enterprises. It offers database and middleware software, application software, cloud infrastructure software and hardware systems. The company offers integrated cloud solutions including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and Data-as-a-Service (DaaS). Its on-premise offerings include hardware, servers, storage, networking and industry-specific products and related support and services. The company provides licenses for on-premise new software, updates licenses and offers related support solutions. It markets solutions through independent software and hardware vendors, system integrators and resellers. The company's operations span the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Oracle is headquartered in Redwood City, California, the US.
Oracle Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jun 26,2018: Pharmas Turn to Oracle to Meet New Drug Safety Reporting Regulations in China
Jun 25,2018: Forrester Research names Oracle as leader in email marketing
Jun 22,2018: Teradata adds former Oracle exec to its board
Jun 20,2018: Oracle releases Q3 revenue
Jun 19,2018: Oracle announces fiscal 2018 Q4 results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Oracle Corporation-Key Facts 6
Oracle Corporation-Key Employees 7
Oracle Corporation-Key Employee Biographies 9
Oracle Corporation-Major Products and Services 11
Oracle Corporation-History 13
Oracle Corporation-Company Statement 26
Oracle Corporation-Locations And Subsidiaries 28
Head Office 28
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 28
Section 2-Company Analysis 31
Company Overview 31
Oracle Corporation-Business Description 32
Business Segment: Cloud and License 32
Business Segment: Hardware 32
Business Segment: Service 32
Geographical Segment: Americas 33
Target Markets 33
Geographical Segment: Asia Pacific 33
Target Markets 33
Geographical Segment: EMEA 33
Target Markets 33
Oracle Corporation-Corporate Strategy 34
Oracle Corporation-SWOT Analysis 35
SWOT Analysis-Overview 35
Oracle Corporation-Strengths 35
Oracle Corporation-Weaknesses 36
Oracle Corporation-Opportunities 37
Oracle Corporation-Threats 38
Oracle Corporation-Key Competitors 39
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 40
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 40
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 41
Performance Chart 44
Financial Performance 44
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 45
Oracle Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 46
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 47
Jun 26, 2018: Pharmas Turn to Oracle to Meet New Drug Safety Reporting Regulations in China 47
Jun 19, 2018: Oracle announces fiscal 2018 Q4 results 48
Apr 30, 2018: Oracle Named a Leader in the Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems 49
Jan 23, 2018: Albert Hires Former Adobe and Oracle Growth Leader to Drive Alliances and Channel Development 50
Jan 23, 2018: Former Oracle Executive Cameron Thompson Joins SpotRight 51
Dec 24, 2017: NOC Discusses With Representatives Of Oracle And Microsoft Ways To Develop Cooperation 52
Nov 13, 2017: Oracle Utilities partners with five major utilities to support Japan's CO2 emissions reduction 53
Nov 09, 2017: Healthcare Organizations Choose Oracle EPM Cloud to Modernize Operations 54
Nov 01, 2017: Unilab turns to NetSuite OneWorld for a modern, cloud-based system to transform B2B operations 55
Oct 29, 2017: Oracle Health Sciences collaborates with dMed in China to enhance pharmacovigilance management with Oracle Health Sciences argus safety 56
Section 5-Appendix 57
Ratio Definitions 57
About GlobalData 61
Contact Us 61
List of Figures
Oracle Corporation, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 44
Oracle Corporation, Ratio Charts 45
List of Tables
Oracle Corporation, Key Facts 6
Oracle Corporation, Key Employees 7
Oracle Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 9
Oracle Corporation, Major Products and Services 11
Oracle Corporation, History 13
Oracle Corporation, Other Locations 28
Oracle Corporation, Subsidiaries 29
Oracle Corporation, Key Competitors 39
Oracle Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 40
Oracle Corporation, Annual Ratios 41
Oracle Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 42
Oracle Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 43
Oracle Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 46
Currency Codes 57
Capital Market Ratios 57
Equity Ratios 58
Profitability Ratios 58
Cost Ratios 59
Liquidity Ratios 59
Leverage Ratios 60
Efficiency Ratios 60
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Rackspace Hosting Inc
International Business Machines Corp
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Cisco Systems Inc
Adobe Systems Incorporated
Oracle Corporation, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"