Cloud Computing in Asia-Pacific: Telcos' Portfolios and Go-to-Market Strategies
"Cloud Computing in Asia-Pacific: Telcos' Portfolios and Go-to-Market Strategies", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the cloud computing market in Asia Pacific. It delivers deep qualitative insight into the cloud market in the region, analyzing key trends on telcos' cloud offers, business models to foster their position in the cloud space and case studies.
Within the enterprise segment, telcos are keenly aware of the slowing growth of conventional voice and data services. They know that they need to diversify their sources of revenue. Many telcos end up honing in on data center and cloud services as potential growth areas, chief among them the IaaS market.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Section 1: Taxonomy and market context; a look at the cloud computing definition and an adoption framework. This section details the cloud computing market context in Asia Pacific, the cloud portfolio of select telcos in the region.
- Section 2: Telcos' go-to-market approaches on cloud service; an analysis on telcos' business models and go-to-market approaches to grow in the cloud computing space.
- Section 3: Case studies; three case studies of Asia Pacific telcos in the cloud computing market are presented in this section, showcasing their growth strategy.
- Section 4: Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators.
- Telcos in Asia Pacific have focused on reselling SaaS for the workplace and in the IaaS segment to compete in the enterprise cloud computing market, supported by their existing data center infrastructure and partnerships with network vendors.
- The increasing competitive dominance of Microsoft, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and IBM in the cloud computing market in Asia Pacific has driven telcos to expand their cloud portfolios beyond the traditional SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS areas.
- The hybrid multi-cloud IT model will be the way forward for most enterprises in Asia Pacifc. Pan-regional telcos have recently extended into hybrid cloud.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the cloud computing business models from telcos in the Asia Pacific market to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine efficient strategies, formulate effective product development plans and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the cloud computing market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the cloud computing market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for telecom operators.
- With more than ten charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the cloud computing market, analyzing key trends on telcos' cloud offers, business models to foster their position in the cloud space and case studies.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context 6
Enterprise cloud computing services definition 7
Cloud services market context and portfolio 8
Section 2: Telcos' Go-to-Market Approaches on Cloud Service 11
Telcos' go-to-market strategies 12
Hybrid multi-cloud service provider approach 13
Strategic partnership with leading cloud players 14
Section 3: Case Studies 15
NTT Communications 16
Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations 18
Companies mentioned 21
Acronyms and definitions 22
About the authors 23
Related research 24
Contact information 25
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Simplified enterprise cloud computing adoption framework 7
Exhibit 2: Enterprise services framework and the role of the telco 8
Exhibit 3: Telcos' enterprise cloud computing portfolio, Asia-Pacific 9
Exhibit 4: Telcos' cloud services launches, Asia-Pacific 10
Exhibit 5: Telcos' go-to-market strategy on enterprise in the cloud computing market, Asia-Pacific 12
Exhibit 6: Cloud computing implementation type, Global, 2018 13
Exhibit 7: Telcos' partnerships with cloud players, Asia-Pacific 14
Exhibit 8: NTT Communications 16
Exhibit 9: Telstra 17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Amazon Web Services
Vodafone Global Enterprise
Asia Pacific, cloud computing, infrastructure-as-a-service, IaaS, software-as-a-service, SaaS, platform-as-a-service, PaaS, AWS, Microsoft Azure, HPE, VMWare, Telstra, NTT Communicatons, Vodafone, Tata, Singtel, Optus, Korea Telecom, Softbank, KDDI, private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"