Pakistan: In-depth PEST Insights
This PESTLE country analysis report on Pakistan provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Pakistan, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Pakistan's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
- Understand the political system in Pakistan through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Pakistan through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Pakistan through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Pakistan through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Pakistan in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Pakistan perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Pakistan perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Pakistan perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments (January 2017-June 2018) 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographical location 9
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 11
Key political figures 11
Structure of government 12
Key policies 12
Foreign and defense policies 13
Governance indicators 14
Economic Landscape 16
Structure and policies 17
Financial system 17
GDP and growth rate 17
Fiscal situation 22
Current account 22
Foreign trade 22
External debt 23
International investment position 23
Monetary situation 23
Social Landscape 26
Structure and policies 26
Demographic composition 26
Income distribution 29
Technological Landscape 30
Ask the analyst 32
About MarketLine 32
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Pakistan 9
Figure 2: Pakistan-key political events timeline 11
Figure 3: Pakistan-Key political figures 12
Figure 4: Evolution of GDP growth in Pakistan, 2007-17 17
Figure 5: GDP and GDP growth rate of Pakistan (constant prices), 2012-22f 18
Figure 6: Sector specific GDP in Pakistan, 2017 19
Figure 7: Agricultural output in Pakistan, 2012-17 20
Figure 8: Industrial output in Pakistan, 2012-17 21
Figure 9: Services output in Pakistan, 2012-17 22
Figure 10: Pakistan's external trade, 2012-16 23
Figure 11: CPI and CPI-based inflation in Pakistan, 2012-22f 24
Figure 12: Unemployment in Pakistan, 2012-22f 25
Figure 13: Major religions in Pakistan 28
Figure 14: Healthcare expenditure in Pakistan, 2011-17 29
Figure 15: Internet users in Pakistan, 2012-16 31
List of Tables
Table 1: Pakistan-key facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Mid-year population by gender (% of total population), 2017 27
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"