Sompo Holdings, Inc. (8630) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Sompo Holdings, Inc. (8630)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Sompo Holdings, Inc. (Sompo Holdings), formerly Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Holdings, Inc., is a provider of multi-line insurance products. It provides a wide range of life and non-life insurance products to individuals, families and business clients. Its portfolio of insurance products includes fire and allied insurance, marine insurance, personal accident insurance, automobile insurance, individual and group life insurance, pension plans and annuities. Sompo Holdings also provides investment advisory, fund trust management, asset management, risk consulting, consulting for health, nursing care, disease prevention and assistance services. The company has operations in Europe, the Middle East, North America, Central and South America, Asia, Oceania and Africa. Sompo Holdings is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
The company reported premiums earned of JPY3,475.7 billion for fiscal year ended March 2018 (FY2018), which indicates an increase of 10.5% over that in FY2017.
Sompo Holdings, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Apr 26,2018: Sompo International to establish subsidiary in Luxembourg
Apr 11,2017: Victor Sordillo joins Sompo International as senior vice president, Loss Control Leader
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Key Facts 6
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Key Employees 7
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Key Employee Biographies 9
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Major Products and Services 10
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-History 11
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Company Statement 14
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2-Company Analysis 19
Company Overview 19
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Business Description 20
Business Segment: Domestic Life Insurance 20
Key Strategies 20
Key Stats 20
Business Segment: Domestic Property and Casualty Insurance 20
Key Strategies 21
Key Stats 21
Business Segment: Nursing Care and Healthcare 21
Key Strategies 21
Key Stats 21
Business Segment: Others 21
Key Stats 22
Business Segment: Overseas Insurance 22
Key Strategies 22
Key Stats 22
Geographical Segment: Japan 22
Geographical Segment: Others 22
Geographical Segment: The US 22
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Corporate Strategy 23
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-SWOT Analysis 24
SWOT Analysis-Overview 24
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Strengths 24
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Weaknesses 25
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Opportunities 26
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Threats 27
Sompo Holdings, Inc.-Key Competitors 28
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 30
Performance Chart 32
Financial Performance 32
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 33
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 34
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 35
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 36
Apr 26, 2018: Sompo International to establish subsidiary in Luxembourg 36
Apr 26, 2018: Sompo International to establish subsidiary in Luxembourg 37
Apr 26, 2018: Sompo International to establish subsidiary in Luxembourg 38
Apr 26, 2018: Sompo International to establish subsidiary in Luxembourg 39
Apr 26, 2018: Sompo International to establish subsidiary in Luxembourg 40
Apr 11, 2017: Victor Sordillo joins Sompo International as senior vice president, Loss Control Leader 41
Section 5-Appendix 42
Ratio Definitions 42
About GlobalData 46
Contact Us 46
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Performance Chart (2014-2018) 32
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Ratio Charts 34
List Of Table
List of Tables
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Key Facts 6
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Key Employees 7
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 9
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Major Products and Services 10
Sompo Holdings, Inc., History 11
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Subsidiaries 17
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Key Competitors 28
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 29
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Annual Ratios 30
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 31
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Interim Ratios 33
Sompo Holdings, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 35
Currency Codes 42
Capital Market Ratios 42
Equity Ratios 43
Profitability Ratios 43
Cost Ratios 44
Liquidity Ratios 44
Leverage Ratios 45
Efficiency Ratios 45
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Sompo Holdings, Inc., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Tokio Marine Holdings, Inc.
Sony Financial Holdings Inc.
Nippon Life Insurance Company
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc.
Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co Ltd
Fuji Fire and Marine Insurance Co., Ltd.