India Part-Time Professional MBA Market (FY 2017-FY 2023)
Driven by increasing number of programs and growing awareness for higher executive education
About the Report
About the Report
The part-time professional MBA market in India has been witnessing growth & evolving to meet the needs of working professionals seeking advanced education while continuing their careers. This market has a Consolidated scenario with 80% of the market revenue covered by the top 2 players of the market.
Rising demand for part-time professional MBA market is driven by those individuals who wish to balance part-time options to balance work, family & education commitments. The market is witnessing participation from various industries including IT, finance, healthcare and manufacturing. The diversity on the participant pool adds value to the classroom experience, bringing different perspective & experiences. The Indian government has been supportive of initiatives to enhance education & skill development, contributing to the growth of part-time MBA programs.
India Part-Time Professional MBA market is a consolidated market with 2 players forming the major portion of the revenue. The market is expected to continue growing at an exponential rate. Some of these programs leveraged online learning components which make it easier for students to balance their personal & professional commitments.
India Part Time Professional MBA Market Analysis
- There has been an increase in the number of colleges imparting professional part-time MBA programs in India.
- Along with the no. of colleges, there has also been an increase in intent of people interesting in continuing higher executive education.
- The no. of enrollments in these courses increased from 78 in FY’17 and 445 in FY’23.
- Part-time Professional MBA programs also involves providing improved access to hybrid & mixed-delivery programs.
- 4 out of 5 programs experienced a dip in 2021 due to COVID-19 disruptions. However, the slight decline was offset by commencement of ISB PGP PRO at a new location i.e. Bengaluru, which ensured a stable growth in 2 years.
Key Trends by Market Segment:
By Mode of Delivery: In FY’23, the mode of delivery is segmented into offline & hybrid. Hybrid segment has dominated the market with ~80% of revenue contribution by hybrid programs from 3 institutes. This demand is driven by the blend of online & offline classes which allows the working professionals to balance their education with work. Some employers prefer or support employees as this helps employees to apply their learnings directly on the job, benefiting both the individual & employee.
By Geography: In FY’23, the market is segmented into Northern & southern regions. Southern regions have a clear edge in the part-time MBA programs and contributes up to 90% of revenue in the market. This is due to the dominance of industries like IT, finance & manufacturing which leads to an increasing demand of professional MBA courses. Government policies and initiatives which promote higher education and skill development also influences the popularity of part-time MBA programs.
By Program Duration: In FY’23, the program duration segment is divided into 12 months, 18 months and 24 months. The program duration of 18 months is dominating the market as it contributes up to 67% of revenue share. 18 months strikes a balance between shorter duration, which might be seen as too rushed and a longer duration which is not be perceived as too time-consuming for working professionals.
Major Players in India Part Time Professional MBA Market
- In India, there are around 5 colleges that offer part time professional MBA courses in the Northern & southern regions of the country.
- ISB contributes up to 66 percent of the market share due to their PGP PRO program.
- Other major players in the market based on revenue include IIMB, Masters’ Union School of Business, Mahindra School of Management and IIM Vishakhapatnam.
- The revenue share of ISB is higher than the rest, due to its higher fee structure. Otherwise, the enrollment share is higher for the remaining four programs.
- Most part-time MBA programs have a small batch size of less than 100 students with a median work experience of 10.7 years and 17% of the proportion dedicated to females.
- Nov 2023: IIM, Lucknow announces the commencement of an alternate two weekend MBA programme designed for working professionals: Post Graduate Program in Management for Working Executives, which aims to expose employees towards current business trends.
- March 2022: In collaboration with Frankfurt School of Finance & Management for two-year Executive MBA (EMBA), Mahindra University launched a hybrid programme for working professionals in India where candidates with 5 to 15 years of professional experience can apply in these programs.
- March 2022: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee, accepts applications for Executive MBA, a 2-year course which can be completed in a 5-years’ time period which aims to prepare future leaders for high-end industries.
Scope Of The Report
Scope of the Report
India Part Time Professional MBA Market Segmentation
By Mode of Delivery
By Mode of Funding
· Corporate sponsored
By Program Duration
· 12 months
· 18 months
· 24 months
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report:
- Manufacturers & Distributors
- Fleet & Equipment Owners
- Government Entity
- Environmental Advocates
- Automotive & Machinery Professionals
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2017-2023
- Base Year: 2023
Major Players Mentioned in the Report:
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Indian Institute of Management, Vishakhapatnam
- Master’s Union
- Mahindra University
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Executive Summary: India Part-time Professional MBA Market, FY 2023
2. Market Sizing and Segmentation
2.1 Market Size of India Part-time Professional MBA Market on the basis of
Revenue and Enrollments, FY 2023
2.2 Market Segmentation of India Part-time Professional MBA Market by Mode of
Delivery and Geography, FY 2023
2.3 Market Segmentation of India Part-time Professional MBA Market by
Mode of Funding and Program Duration, FY 2023
3. Market Share of Major Part-time Professional MBA Colleges in India
3.1 Market Share on the basis of Revenue, FY 2023
3.2 Market Share on the basis of Enrollments, FY 2023
4. Comparative Analysis of Major Professional Part-time MBA Programs in India
4.1 On the basis of Fee Structure
4.2 On the basis of Batch Profile
4.3 On the basis of Program Structure
4.4 On the basis of Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process
4.5 On the basis of Unique Features, Pedagogy, and Program Content
4.6 On the basis of Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
5. Due Diligence on ISB PGP PRO Program
5.1 Introduction and Program highlights
5.2 Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and Batch Profile
5.3 Program Pedagogy
5.4 Curriculum Analysis
5.5 Program Structure and Schedule
5.6 Fee Structure and Scholarships
5.7 Faculty Analysis – By Academic Area
5.8 Faculty Analysis, By Work Experience
5.9 Faculty Analysis, By Research Contribution
5.10 Faculty Analysis, By Background - Education & Work Experience
5.11 Marketing Analysis and CAC
5.12 Strength and Weakness
6. Demand Analysis for Part-time Professional MBA Programs in India
6.1 Preference Analysis for Program Duration, Mode and Format of Delivery
6.2 Preference Analysis for Mixed Delivery Programs
6.3 Preference Analysis for US and Joint Degree Programs
7. Analyst Recommendations
7.1 Feasibility and Program Structure Recommendations
7.2 Program Differentiators for Professional MBA Market in India
7.3 Program Structure – Part Time Hybrid
7.4 Reducing CAC for Professional MBA Programs
7.5 Sales and Marketing for Professional MBA Programs
7.6 Next Phase
8. Research Methodology
9. Market Sizing Approach
9.1 Market Definitions and Abbreviations Used
9.2 Consolidated Research Approach
9.3 Questionnaire used for Expert Interview
9.4 Research Limitations and Conclusion
11. Contact Us
Step: 1 Identifying Key Variables: Ecosystem creation for all the major entities and referring to multiple secondary and proprietary databases to perform desk research around market to collate industry level information.
Step: 2 Market Building: Collating statistics on part time professional MBA market over the years, penetration of marketplaces and service providers ratio to compute revenue generated India Part Time Professional MBA market. We will also review service quality statistics to understand revenue generated which can ensure accuracy behind the data points shared.
Step: 3 Validating and Finalizing: Building market hypothesis and conducting CATIs with industry exerts belonging to different companies to validate statistics and seek operational and financial information from company representatives.
Step: 4 Research output: Our team will approach multiple part time professional MBA institutes providing channels and understand nature of product segments and sales, consumer preference and other parameters, which will support us validate statistics derived through bottom to top approach from part time MBA providers.For any queries related to research methodology, click here to schedule a call with our analysts
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is India Part Time Professional MBA Market?
India Part Time Professional MBA Market was valued at ~INR 14 Cr in 2023.
What are the Key Factors Driving the India Part Time Professional MBA Market?
Increase in number of colleges offering professional MBA services, intent for pursuing these courses & improved access to hybrid courses drive India Part Time Professional Market.
Who are the Key Players in the India Part Time Professional MBA Market?
ISB, IIM Indore, Masters’ Union School of Business are some of the key players in the Market
What is the largest segment within mode of delivery in India Part Time Professional MBA Market?
Hybrid segment has been dominating the India Part Time Professional MBA market in FY’23.
Why Buy From US?
What makes us stand out is that our consultants follows Robust, Refine and Result (RRR) methodology. i.e. Robust for clear definitions, approaches and sanity checking, Refine for differentiating respondents facts and opinions and Result for presenting data with story
We have set a benchmark in the industry by offering our clients with syndicated and customized market research reports featuring coverage of entire market as well as meticulous research and analyst insights.
While we don't replace traditional research, we flip the method upside down. Our dual approach of Top Bottom & Bottom Top ensures quality deliverable by not just verifying company fundamentals but also looking at the sector and macroeconomic factors.
With one step in the future, our research team constantly tries to show you the bigger picture. We help with some of the tough questions you may encounter along the way: How is the industry positioned? Best marketing channel? KPI's of competitors? By aligning every element, we help maximize success.
Our report gives you instant access to the answers and sources that other companies might choose to hide. We elaborate each steps of research methodology we have used and showcase you the sample size to earn your trust.
If you need any support, we are here! We pride ourselves on universe strength, data quality, and quick, friendly, and professional service.