US Enterprise Resource Planning Market Outlook to 2028
Driven by growing investment in enterprise resource planning and transformation towards digital economy
About the Report
About the Report
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems are software solutions which help the organizations manage & integrate various business processes, including finance, human resources, supply chains, manufacturing, customer relationship management & more. The US Enterprise Resource Planning market is one of the largest in the world, given its size & complexity in the country’s economy. With the increasing importance of remote work & mobile capabilities, ERP systems were designed to be accessible from various devices allowing employees to access critical business data from everywhere.
ERP vendors have been incorporating technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning, Internet of Things & analytics into their platforms to provide enhanced insights & predictive capabilities. Many vendors have been placing more emphasis on user-friendly interfaces & intuitive designs to improve user adoption & satisfaction. They have also developed industry-specific solutions which cater to the unique needs & challenges of various sectors, such as manufacturing, healthcare, retail & more. Several major players have been dominant in the US market which includes SAP, Oracle, SYSPRO, Epicor, Acumatica etc.
US Enterprise Resource Planning Market has experienced consolidation over the past few years, with a few major ERP vendors dominating a significant portion of the market share. Companies like SAP, Oracle, Microsoft etc. have been recognized as leaders in the ERP space. However, the US Enterprise Resource Planning Market has experienced fragmentation with numerous ERP software providers, each focusing on different industries & niches.
US Enterprise Resource Planning Market Analysis
- The ERP Software market is expected to grow the most in the United States because more cloud-based & hybrid ERP systems are being used to improve operational efficiency.
- In United States, the ERP vendors are boosting the adoption of various types of AI technologies & augmented reality to sensor data collected off robots & machines. Such aspects have resulted in vendors developing industry-oriented ERP software.
- Approximately, 26.1% of total American employees in 2022 have been seen using the ERP service of their specific organizations. Furthermore, it was said that the success rate of ERP software implementation in the United States was nearly 65.1% in 2021.
- Customers’ experience with artificial intelligence & robotic process automation have been mostly positive. In May 2022, 16.7% of the professionals claimed that their client gave their AI-automated interaction, a perfect score of 10.
Key Trends by Market Segment:
By Type: Currently, the Cloud market has been dominating in the US Enterprise Resource Planning market in 2022. Cloud-based ERPs are gaining popularity because of its scalability, flexibility, cost-effectiveness & accessibility from anywhere with an internet connection. They also eliminate the need for on-premises infrastructure & maintenance.
By Application: In 2022, retail & manufacturing industries have been significantly using enterprise resource planning system software due to their complex supply chain management, inventory tracking, order & processing, production planning, data integration, customer relationship management, among other requirements. All in all, the integration, optimization of ERP systems makes it highly beneficial to manage their operations.
By Geography: The US Enterprise Resource Planning is divided into North, South, East & West regions.In 2022, the northern region of US has shown a significant rise in Enterprise Resource Planning activities due to the North region have a higher concentration of large enterprises that require comprehensive ERP solutions to manage their operations efficiently. Such businesses has driven the demand for ERP systems and services, followed by
- West region which centers around Silicon Valley & includes cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco & Seattle, which is considered to be a hub for technology companies & start-ups. Cloud based ERP solutions are popular due to the tech savvy nature of the businesses here.
- Southern states contain a mix of industries including healthcare, energy, aerospace & tourism. ERP adoptions may vary but industries with complex operations like energy & healthcare are likely to use ERP systems to manage their resources efficiently.
Several large & well-known enterprise resources planning (ERP) vendors have a significant presence in the USA market. These vendors provide enterprise related solutions to various industries & business sizes. Some major players include SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, Infor, Epicor. Cloud based ERP solutions have gained immense popularity due to its scalability, flexibility & scale of deployment. Vendors like NetSuite, Acumatica & Plex Systems offer cloud-based ERP solutions which cater to different industries. Many industries have unique needs that generic ERP solutions may fail to cater to. As a result, specialized ERP vendors have emerged to cater to specific sectors like healthcare, construction, aerospace & more. The ERP market has seen a rise of newer innovative players that leverage modern technology like artificial intelligence, machine learning & analytics to offer next generation ERP solutions. These players aim to provide improved user experiences, automation & real time insights.
- The city of Lancaster, California & Tyler Technologies Inc. have decided to use Tyler’s Enterprise ERP Solution Suite, powered by Munis. The management of the city’s finances, personnel, income, expenditure, enterprise assets, content management & controlled detection & reaction will all be handled by Tyler’s solutions for the city.
- Gartner has announced SAP, a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud ERP for Product-centric enterprises with SAP S/4HANA being evaluated. The recognition is based on their completeness of vision & ability to execute in the cloud ERP market for product centric enterprises.
- More enterprises in the U.S are migrating human capital management functions from on-premise ERP systems to the cloud-based Workday platform as user experience & convenience become more important with new modes of working.
US Enterprise Resource Planning market is expected to show increasing and is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~9% from 2022 to 2028 with rapid globalization & technological advancements in the enterprise resource planning industry, in order to compete with the global companies.
- Cloud-based ERP solutions are likely to continue dominating the market, due to their flexibility, scalability & cost-effectiveness & reduced IT infrastructure requirements. More businesses may transition from on-premises system to cloud based solutions, leading to increased adoption.
- Artificial intelligence & automation technologies are likely to play a big role in ERP systems. AI-driven analytics, predictive modelling & automation of routine tasks could enhance decision making, optimize processes & improve efficiency.
- As remote work & mobile access becomes more prevalent, ERP systems will likely prioritize mobile friendly interfaces & remote accessibility, enabling users to access critical information from anywhere.
- ERP systems may become more customizable to fit the needs of various industries & businesses. Molecular approaches may allow companies to select & integrate functionalities most relevant to their operations.
Scope Of The Report
Scope of the Report
US Enterprise Resource Planning Market Segmentation
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report:
- Businesses & Corporations
- C-Suite Executives
- IT Departments
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Government Agencies
- Consulting Firms & System Integrators
- Industry Associations & Trade Groups
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2017-2022
- Base Year: 2022
- Forecast Period: 2022-2028
Major Players Mentioned in the Report:
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. US Enterprise Resource Planning Market Overview
2.1 Taxonomy of the US Enterprise Resource Planning Market
2.2 Industry Value Chain
2.4 Government Regulations/Initiatives for the US Enterprise Resource Planning Market
2.5 Growth Drivers of the US Enterprise Resource Planning Market
2.6 Issues and Challenges of the US Enterprise Resource Planning Market
2.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the US Enterprise Resource Planning Market
2.8 SWOT Analysis
3. US Enterprise Resource Planning Market Size, 2017 – 2022
4. US Enterprise Resource Planning Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type, 2017 - 2022
4.2 By Application, 2017 - 2022
4.3 By Regional Split (North/East/West/South), 2017 - 2022
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.3 Company Profiles
6. US Enterprise Resource Planning Future Market Size, 2022 – 2028
7. US Enterprise Resource Planning Future Market Segmentation
7.1 By Product Type, 2022 - 2028
7.2 By Application, 2022 - 2028
7.3 By Regional Split (North/East/West/South), 2022 - 2028
8. Analyst Recommendations
9. Research Methodology
11. Contact Us
Step: 1 Identifying Key Variables: Ecosystem creation for all the major entities and referring to multiple secondary and proprietary databases to perform desk research around market to collate industry level information.
Step: 2 Market Building: Collating statistics on enterprise resource planning over the years, penetration of marketplaces and service providers ratio to compute revenue generated for enterprise resource planning services. We will also review service quality statistics to understand revenue generated which can ensure accuracy behind the data points shared.
Step: 3 Validating and Finalizing: Building market hypothesis and conducting CATIs with industry exerts belonging to different companies to validate statistics and seek operational and financial information from company representatives.
Step: 4 Research output: Our team has approached multiple enterprise resource planning channels and understanded nature of product segments and sales, consumer preference and other parameters, which supported us validate statistics derived through bottom to top approach from enterprise resource planning providers.
For any queries related to research methodology, click here to schedule a call with our analysts
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is the Enterprise Resource Planning Market in the US?
The Enterprise Resource Planning market size reached US$ 15 billion in 2023 and is expected to reach US$ 25 billion by 2028 with a CAGR of 9% during the forecast period 2022-2028.
Which ERP software is mostly used in USA?
The ERP software which is mostly used in USA is Oracle Netsuite.
Who is market leader in ERP?
SAP, SYSPRO, Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, Infor, Epicor are market leader in ERP market.
What are the common types of ERP?
Cloud ERP, Mobile ERP, Social ERP and Two-tier ERP are some common types of ERP.
What are the key factors driving the ERP software market?
Development and advancement of cloud and mobile applications and rise in demand from from small and medium enterprises are one of the key factors driving ERP software market.
Which industry has been significantly using enterprise resorce planning system software in 2022?
The Manufacturing industry has been majorly using ERP system software due to their complex supply chain management, inventory tracking and order & processing.
What are the 5 components of ERP?
The 5 components of ERP are Finance, Human Resources (HR), Manufacturing and Logistics, Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Pre-book this report and get huge discount
Why Buy From US?
What makes us stand out is that our consultants follows Robust, Refine and Result (RRR) methodology. i.e. Robust for clear definitions, approaches and sanity checking, Refine for differentiating respondents facts and opinions and Result for presenting data with story
We have set a benchmark in the industry by offering our clients with syndicated and customized market research reports featuring coverage of entire market as well as meticulous research and analyst insights.
While we don't replace traditional research, we flip the method upside down. Our dual approach of Top Bottom & Bottom Top ensures quality deliverable by not just verifying company fundamentals but also looking at the sector and macroeconomic factors.
With one step in the future, our research team constantly tries to show you the bigger picture. We help with some of the tough questions you may encounter along the way: How is the industry positioned? Best marketing channel? KPI's of competitors? By aligning every element, we help maximize success.
Our report gives you instant access to the answers and sources that other companies might choose to hide. We elaborate each steps of research methodology we have used and showcase you the sample size to earn your trust.
If you need any support, we are here! We pride ourselves on universe strength, data quality, and quick, friendly, and professional service.