Toys & Games in South Africa
Toys & Games in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa toys & games market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The toys & games market includes retail sales of action figures, activity toys, dolls, games, infant and baby toys, miniature models, plush toys, puzzles, ride-on model toys, and toy vehicles.
- The South African toys & games market had total revenues of USD 221.9m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- Sales generated through hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters are the most lucrative for the South African toys & games market in 2017, with total revenues of USD 21.7m, equivalent to 9.8% of the market's overall value.
- Birth rates in South Africa have been relatively high, which has helped to drive growth in recent years.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the toys & games market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the toys & games market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key toys & games market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa toys & games market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Africa toys & games market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the South Africa toys & games market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa toys & games market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is South Africa's toys & games market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 9
Market distribution 10
Market Outlook 11
Market value forecast 11
Five Forces Analysis 12
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Hamleys of London Ltd 21
Toy Kingdom 22
Toy Zone 23
Toys R Us South Africa 24
Macroeconomic Indicators 25
Country data 25
Industry associations 28
Related MarketLine research 28
About MarketLine 29
List of Tables
Table 1: South Africa toys & games market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: South Africa toys & games market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: South Africa toys & games market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: South Africa toys & games market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Hamleys of London Ltd: key facts
Table 6: Toy Kingdom: key facts
Table 7: Toy Zone: key facts
Table 8: Toys R Us South Africa: key facts
Table 9: South Africa size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 10: South Africa gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 11: South Africa gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 12: South Africa inflation, 2013-17
Table 13: South Africa consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 14: South Africa exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: South Africa toys & games market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: South Africa toys & games market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: South Africa toys & games market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: South Africa toys & games market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the toys & games market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the toys & games market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the toys & games market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the toys & games market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the toys & games market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the toys & games market in South Africa, 2017
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Hamleys of London Ltd
Toys R Us South Africa
Toys & Games, MarketLine, South Africa
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"