Toys & Games in the United States
Toys & Games in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United States toys & games market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The toys & games market includes retail sales of action figures, activity toys, dolls, games, infant and baby toys, miniature models, plush toys, puzzles, ride-on model toys, and toy vehicles.
- The US toys & games market had total revenues of USD 26,792.8m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters account for the largest proportion of sales in the US toys & games market in 2017, sales through this channel generated USD 5,018.0m, equivalent to 18.7% of the market's overall value.
- While growth in this market has remained moderate, it has been constrained to an extent by the growing prevalence of digital alternatives including games consoles, tablets, and mobile phone apps.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the toys & games market in the United States
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the toys & games market in the United States
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key toys & games market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United States toys & games market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United States toys & games market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the United States toys & games market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States toys & games market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is the United States's toys & games market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market distribution 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Amazon.com, Inc. 24
Lego A/S 28
Target Corp 32
Walmart Inc 35
Macroeconomic Indicators 39
Country data 39
Industry associations 42
Related MarketLine research 42
About MarketLine 43
List of Tables
Table 1: United States toys & games market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: United States toys & games market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: United States toys & games market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: United States toys & games market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 8: Lego A/S: key facts
Table 9: Lego A/S: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Lego A/S: key financials (DKK)
Table 11: Lego A/S: key financial ratios
Table 12: Target Corp: key facts
Table 13: Target Corp: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Target Corp: key financial ratios
Table 15: Walmart Inc: key facts
Table 16: Walmart Inc: key financials (USD )
Table 17: Walmart Inc: key financial ratios
Table 18: United States size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: United States gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: United States gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: United States inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: United States consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: United States exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: United States toys & games market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: United States toys & games market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: United States toys & games market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: United States toys & games market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the toys & games market in the United States, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the toys & games market in the United States, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the toys & games market in the United States, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the toys & games market in the United States, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the toys & games market in the United States, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the toys & games market in the United States, 2017
Figure 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Lego A/S: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Lego A/S: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Target Corp: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Target Corp: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Walmart Inc: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Walmart Inc: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Toys & Games, MarketLine, United States
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"