Media in Asia-Pacific
Media in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Asia-Pacific media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Asia-Pacific media industry had total revenues of USD 275.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 126.3bn, equivalent to 45.8% of the industry's overall value.
- China is by far the largest industry in this region, accounting for over 40% of revenues in 2017. This dominance shows no signs of abating, with forecasts indicating that China will account for over 42% or the region's value in 2022.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Asia-Pacific
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Asia-Pacific
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Asia-Pacific media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Asia-Pacific media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Asia-Pacific media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Asia-Pacific media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Asia-Pacific's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 25
China Central Television 25
China Film Group Corporation 26
Dentsu, Inc. 27
Nikkei Inc 30
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Figures
Figure 1: Asia-Pacific media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Asia-Pacific media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Asia-Pacific media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Asia-Pacific media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Asia-Pacific, 2017
Figure 11: Dentsu, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Dentsu, Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Asia-Pacific media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Asia-Pacific media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Asia-Pacific media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Asia-Pacific media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: China Central Television: key facts
Table 6: China Film Group Corporation: key facts
Table 7: Dentsu, Inc.: key facts
Table 8: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (JPY)
Table 10: Dentsu, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 11: Nikkei Inc: key facts
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"