Media in Australia
Media in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Australia media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Australian media industry had total revenues of USD 12.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 6.1bn, equivalent to 49.9% of the industry's overall value
- The publishing segment of this industry has been in decline in recent years, driven by the contraction seen in newspaper and magazine publishing. Newspapers are being impacted by the fall of advertising spend, both in print and digital form.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Australia media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Australia media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Australia's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Australian Broadcasting Corporation 24
Bauer Media Australia 28
Omnicom Group, Inc. 29
The Walt Disney Company 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 36
Country data 36
Industry associations 39
Related MarketLine research 39
About MarketLine 40
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Australia media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Australia media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Australia media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 11: Australian Broadcasting Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Australian Broadcasting Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Omnicom Group, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Omnicom Group, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: The Walt Disney Company: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: The Walt Disney Company: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Australia media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Australia media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Australia media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Australian Broadcasting Corporation: key facts
Table 6: Australian Broadcasting Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Australian Broadcasting Corporation: key financials (AUSD )
Table 8: Australian Broadcasting Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 9: Bauer Media Australia: key facts
Table 10: Omnicom Group, Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Omnicom Group, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Omnicom Group, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 13: The Walt Disney Company: key facts
Table 14: The Walt Disney Company: key financials (USD )
Table 15: The Walt Disney Company: key financial ratios
Table 16: Australia size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Australia gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Australia inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Australia exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"