Media in Europe
Media in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The European media industry had total revenues of USD 228.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 99.9bn, equivalent to 43.7% of the industry's overall value.
- This industry has been severely impacted by continuous declines in the publishing and movies & entertainment segments. Newspapers are being impacted by the fall of advertising spend, both in print and digital form.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Europe media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 25
British Broadcasting Corporation 25
News Corporation 29
Publicis Groupe SA 33
Time Warner Inc. 37
Industry associations 43
Related MarketLine research 43
About MarketLine 44
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Europe media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Europe media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Europe media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 11: British Broadcasting Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: British Broadcasting Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: News Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: News Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Publicis Groupe SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Publicis Groupe SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Time Warner Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Time Warner Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Europe media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Europe media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Europe media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: British Broadcasting Corporation: key facts
Table 6: British Broadcasting Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 7: British Broadcasting Corporation: key financials (GBP)
Table 8: British Broadcasting Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 9: News Corporation: key facts
Table 10: News Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 11: News Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 12: Publicis Groupe SA: key facts
Table 13: Publicis Groupe SA: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Publicis Groupe SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 15: Publicis Groupe SA: key financial ratios
Table 16: Time Warner Inc.: key facts
Table 17: Time Warner Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 18: Time Warner Inc.: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"