Media in Singapore
Media in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Singapore media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Singaporean media industry had total revenues of USD 2.2bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 0.8bn, equivalent to 37.8% of the industry's overall value.
- Declines in this industry have been driven by declines in its two biggest segments, namely broadcasting & cable TV and publishing. The advertising segment was the only part of this industry to see growth overall in the last five years, but this was not enough to offset declines in the other segments.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Singapore
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Singapore
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Singapore media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Singapore media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Singapore media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Singapore media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Singapore's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Dentsu, Inc. 24
Pearson plc 27
Singapore Press Holdings Limited 31
Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) 34
Macroeconomic Indicators 37
Country data 37
Industry associations 40
Related MarketLine research 40
About MarketLine 41
List of Figures
Figure 1: Singapore media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Singapore media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Singapore media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Singapore media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Singapore, 2017
Figure 11: Dentsu, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Dentsu, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Pearson plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Pearson plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Singapore Press Holdings Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Singapore Press Holdings Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel): revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel): assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Singapore media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Singapore media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Singapore media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Singapore media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Dentsu, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (JPY)
Table 8: Dentsu, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 9: Pearson plc: key facts
Table 10: Pearson plc: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Pearson plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 12: Pearson plc: key financial ratios
Table 13: Singapore Press Holdings Limited: key facts
Table 14: Singapore Press Holdings Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Singapore Press Holdings Limited: key financials (SiUSD )
Table 16: Singapore Press Holdings Limited: key financial ratios
Table 17: Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel): key facts
Table 18: Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel): key financials (USD )
Table 19: Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel): key financials (SiUSD )
Table 20: Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel): key financial ratios
Table 21: Singapore size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 22: Singapore gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: Singapore gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 24: Singapore inflation, 2013-17
Table 25: Singapore consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 26: Singapore exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"