Nielsen Holdings plc (NLSN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Nielsen Holdings plc (NLSN)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Nielsen Holdings plc (Nielsen) formerly Nielsen N.V., is a performance management company that provides media and marketing information, analytics, and manufacturer and retailer expertise about where and what consumers buy; and what consumers watch, read and listen to. It offers audience measurement services from video, audio and text contents. The company provides retail transactional measurement data, consumer behavior information and analytics primarily in the consumer packaged goods industry; and viewership and listening data and analytics primarily to the media and advertising industries across the radio, television (TV), online, and mobile platforms. Its services cover world's GDP and population across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. Nielsen is headquartered in New York, the US.
Nielsen Holdings plc Key Recent Developments
Aug 28,2018: Nova Techset-Katalyst Announces bioRxiv Data Conversion Services Partnership[Newswire : MarketLine-PRN ]
Jul 26,2018: Nielsen reports 2nd quarter 2018 results
Jul 26,2018: Nielsen CEO, Mitch Barns, to retire at year's end
Jul 08,2018: Nielsen Appoints New Chief for Arabian Peninsula & Pakistan
Apr 27,2018: Nielsen posts Q1 2018 results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Nielsen Holdings plc-Key Facts 6
Nielsen Holdings plc-Key Employees 7
Nielsen Holdings plc-Key Employee Biographies 8
Nielsen Holdings plc-Major Products and Services 10
Nielsen Holdings plc-History 11
Nielsen Holdings plc-Company Statement 16
Nielsen Holdings plc-Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2-Company Analysis 21
Company Overview 21
Nielsen Holdings plc-Business Description 22
Business Segment: Buy 22
Business Segment: Watch 22
Geographical Segment: Asia Pacific 23
Target Markets 23
Geographical Segment: North and South America, excluding the US 23
Target Markets 23
Geographical Segment: Other Europe, Middle East & Africa 23
Target Markets 23
Geographical Segment: United Kingdom 23
Target Markets 23
Geographical Segment: United States 23
Target Markets 23
Nielsen Holdings plc-Corporate Strategy 25
Nielsen Holdings plc-SWOT Analysis 26
SWOT Analysis-Overview 26
Nielsen Holdings plc-Strengths 26
Nielsen Holdings plc-Weaknesses 27
Nielsen Holdings plc-Opportunities 28
Nielsen Holdings plc-Threats 29
Nielsen Holdings plc-Key Competitors 30
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 32
Performance Chart 35
Financial Performance 35
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 36
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 37
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 38
Aug 28, 2018: Nova Techset-Katalyst Announces bioRxiv Data Conversion Services Partnership[Newswire : MarketLine-PRN ] 38
Aug 28, 2018: Nova Techset-Katalyst Announces bioRxiv Data Conversion Services Partnership[Newswire : MarketLine-PRN ] 40
Jul 26, 2018: Nielsen reports 2nd quarter 2018 results 42
Jul 26, 2018: Nielsen CEO, Mitch Barns, to retire at year's end 44
Feb 08, 2018: Nielsen reports 4th quarter and full year 2017 results 45
Jul 27, 2017: Nielsen Holdings reports higher Q2 net income, provides outlook for 2016 47
Jul 05, 2017: Nielsen Music mid year total audio consumption increases 48
Apr 25, 2017: Nielsen Holdings reports lower Q1 net income, provides 2017 guidance 49
Feb 07, 2017: Nielsen receives MRC accreditation of digital measurement in TV ratings 50
Jan 04, 2017: Nielsen names new chief human resources officer 51
Section 5-Appendix 52
Ratio Definitions 52
About GlobalData 56
Contact Us 56
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Nielsen Holdings plc, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 35
Nielsen Holdings plc, Ratio Charts 37
List Of Table
List of Tables
Nielsen Holdings plc, Key Facts 6
Nielsen Holdings plc, Key Employees 7
Nielsen Holdings plc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Nielsen Holdings plc, Major Products and Services 10
Nielsen Holdings plc, History 11
Nielsen Holdings plc, Subsidiaries 19
Nielsen Holdings plc, Key Competitors 30
Nielsen Holdings plc, Ratios based on current share price 31
Nielsen Holdings plc, Annual Ratios 32
Nielsen Holdings plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 33
Nielsen Holdings plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 34
Nielsen Holdings plc, Interim Ratios 36
Currency Codes 52
Capital Market Ratios 52
Equity Ratios 53
Profitability Ratios 53
Cost Ratios 54
Liquidity Ratios 54
Leverage Ratios 55
Efficiency Ratios 55
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Nielsen Holdings plc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Triton Digital, Inc.
The Kantar Group