Digital Media in Norway
Digital Media in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Norway digital media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The digital media market consists of revenues generated by legal downloads or streaming of media content, including music, video, and books.
- The Norwegian digital media market had total revenues of USD212.0m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15% between 2013 and 2017.
- The video segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD127.5m, equivalent to 60.2% of the market's overall value.
- Increased web traffic in many countries, Norway included, has sparked a growth in digital subscription services such as Netflix. The percentage of households with access to the internet has risen to 97.1%, which has naturally encouraged the consumption of digital media.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the digital media market in Norway
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the digital media market in Norway
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key digital media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Norway digital media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Norway digital media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Norway digital media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Norway digital media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Norway's digital media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Alphabet Inc 24
Aspiro AB 28
Netflix, Inc. 29
Spotify AB 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 33
Country data 33
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Figures
Figure 1: Norway digital media market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Norway digital media market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Norway digital media market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Norway digital media market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the digital media market in Norway, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the digital media market in Norway, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the digital media market in Norway, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the digital media market in Norway, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the digital media market in Norway, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the digital media market in Norway, 2017
Figure 11: Alphabet Inc: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Alphabet Inc: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Netflix, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Netflix, Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Norway digital media market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Norway digital media market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Norway digital media market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Norway digital media market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Alphabet Inc: key facts
Table 6: Alphabet Inc: key financials (USD)
Table 7: Alphabet Inc: key financial ratios
Table 8: Aspiro AB: key facts
Table 9: Netflix, Inc.: key facts
Table 10: Netflix, Inc.: key financials (USD)
Table 11: Netflix, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Spotify AB: key facts
Table 13: Norway size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 14: Norway gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Norway gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Norway inflation, 2013-17
Table 17: Norway consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 18: Norway exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"