Internet of Things in Tourism - Thematic Research
Imagine a world where an airplane can detect a fault in one of its engines in mid-flight and radio ahead to order spare parts without any pilot intervention. Or where your fridge can detect you are running out of milk and order it while you are asleep. Or where your home thermostat automatically lowers the temperature when you leave the house and raises it the moment you return. The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to a world where various devices are connected to the internet with a view to automating more of our lives, saving energy, making industrial processes run more efficiently, etc.
We are still early in this technology cycle. As yet, there are no common standards, so it is difficult to predict any long-term winners and losers. However, executives need to understand the IoT because it will soon morph into a mega-theme. Inside, our analysis offers a framework in which to look at IoT, summarizes the important trends, and identifies the key players.
- This report focuses on how the internet of things (IoT) will impact the tourism industry.
- It discusses the importance and benefits of deploying IoT to improve the tourism sector.
- It summarizes the important trends, and identifies the key players in the sector.
Reasons to buy
- The report highlights the big players in IoT and where do they sit in the value chain.
- It looks at technology trends within the IoT value chain as well as trends showing how the IoT is being implemented across the global tourism sector.
- It provides an overview of the IoT value chain, categorised across four layers - devices, connectivity, data, and apps.
- It offers an industry analysis, discussing the broad market segments that of connected cars, automated homes, industrial internet, wearable technology, smart metering, and connected stores.
- It analyses the impact of IoT on tourism through case studies and key recommendations for tourism companies and IT vendors.
- The report also provides a technology briefing, analysing the six big IoT market segments and the kind of products that might emerge and the companies that might make them.
1 Table of Contents
Technology trends in IoT 4
IoT trends in tourism 7
VALUE CHAIN 8
Device layer 9
Connectivity Layer 10
Data Layer 12
App Layer 13
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 15
The standards battle 15
Market size and growth forecasts 19
The four stages of IoT development 22
Competitive analysis 22
Mergers and acquisitions 24
IMPACT OF IOT ON TOURISM 28
Tourism case studies 28
Key recommendations for tourism companies 33
Key recommendations for IT vendors 33
COMPANIES SECTION 34
Public tech companies 34
Private tech companies 38
Tourism companies 40
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 42
The six big IoT market segments 42
Navigating the IoT value chain 44
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 46
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
AkamaiAmazonAppleARM (Softbank)Atmel (Microchip Technology)CalAmpCiscoEricssonF5 NetworksGeneral Electric (GE)GoogleIBMInfobloxIntelMicrochipMicrosoftNXP/FreescaleQualcommSamsungSAPSoftwareAGSplunkAlertMeArqivaArrayentAugustAyla NetworksBalyoBelkinBigBellyCanaryDroneShieldElectric ImpEvrythngFitbitLibeliumNeulNordic SemiconductorOortTadoThingsquareCarnival CorporationDelta Air LinesHeathrow AirportHilton WorldwideLufthansaMarriott InternationalMiami International AirportVirgin Atlantic
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"