Internet of Things in Tourism - Thematic Research
Imagine a world where an airplane can detect a fault in one of its engines in mid-flight and radio ahead to order spare parts without any pilot intervention. Or where your fridge can detect you are running out of milk and order it while you are asleep. Or where your home thermostat automatically lowers the temperature when you leave the house and raises it the moment you return. The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to a world where various devices are connected to the internet with a view to automating more of our lives, saving energy, making industrial processes run more efficiently, etc.
We are still early in this technology cycle. As yet, there are no common standards, so it is difficult to predict any long-term winners and losers. However, executives need to understand the IoT because it will soon morph into a mega-theme. Inside, our analysis offers a framework in which to look at IoT, summarizes the important trends, and identifies the key players.
- This report focuses on how the internet of things (IoT) will impact the tourism industry.
- It discusses the importance and benefits of deploying IoT to improve the tourism sector.
- It summarizes the important trends, and identifies the key players in the sector.
Reasons to buy
- The report highlights the big players in IoT and where do they sit in the value chain.
- It looks at technology trends within the IoT value chain as well as trends showing how the IoT is being implemented across the global tourism sector.
- It provides an overview of the IoT value chain, categorised across four layers - devices, connectivity, data, and apps.
- It offers an industry analysis, discussing the broad market segments that of connected cars, automated homes, industrial internet, wearable technology, smart metering, and connected stores.
- It analyses the impact of IoT on tourism through case studies and key recommendations for tourism companies and IT vendors.
- The report also provides a technology briefing, analysing the six big IoT market segments and the kind of products that might emerge and the companies that might make them.
1 Table of Contents
Technology trends in IoT 4
IoT trends in tourism 7
VALUE CHAIN 8
Device layer 9
Connectivity Layer 10
Data Layer 12
App Layer 13
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 15
The standards battle 15
Market size and growth forecasts 19
The four stages of IoT development 22
Competitive analysis 22
Mergers and acquisitions 24
IMPACT OF IOT ON TOURISM 28
Tourism case studies 28
Key recommendations for tourism companies 33
Key recommendations for IT vendors 33
COMPANIES SECTION 34
Public tech companies 34
Private tech companies 38
Tourism companies 40
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 42
The six big IoT market segments 42
Navigating the IoT value chain 44
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 46
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
AkamaiAmazonAppleARM (Softbank)Atmel (Microchip Technology)CalAmpCiscoEricssonF5 NetworksGeneral Electric (GE)GoogleIBMInfobloxIntelMicrochipMicrosoftNXP/FreescaleQualcommSamsungSAPSoftwareAGSplunkAlertMeArqivaArrayentAugustAyla NetworksBalyoBelkinBigBellyCanaryDroneShieldElectric ImpEvrythngFitbitLibeliumNeulNordic SemiconductorOortTadoThingsquareCarnival CorporationDelta Air LinesHeathrow AirportHilton WorldwideLufthansaMarriott InternationalMiami International AirportVirgin Atlantic
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"