Airlines in Japan
Airlines in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan airlines market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport.
- The Japanese airlines industry had total revenues of USD25.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry volume increased with a CAGR of 3.9% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 125.3 million passengers in 2017.
- The industry's growth recently has been driven by the international flights segment as the domestic segment presented signs of saturation.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the airlines market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan airlines market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan airlines market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Japan airlines market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's airlines market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 21
Threat of substitutes 23
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
Ana Holdings Inc 26
Japan Airlines Co Ltd 30
Qantas Airways Limited 33
Skymark Airlines Inc. 37
Macroeconomic Indicators 38
Country data 38
Industry associations 41
Related MarketLine research 41
About MarketLine 42
List of Figures
Figure 1: Japan airlines industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Japan airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2013-17
Figure 3: Japan airlines industry category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 4: Japan airlines industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Japan airlines industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Japan airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the airlines industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the airlines industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the airlines industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the airlines industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the airlines industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the airlines industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 13: Ana Holdings Inc: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Ana Holdings Inc: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Japan Airlines Co Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Japan Airlines Co Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Qantas Airways Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Qantas Airways Limited: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Japan airlines industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Japan airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2013-17
Table 3: Japan airlines industry category segmentation: million passengers, 2017
Table 4: Japan airlines industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Japan airlines industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Japan airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2017-22
Table 7: Ana Holdings Inc: key facts
Table 8: Ana Holdings Inc: key financials (USD)
Table 9: Ana Holdings Inc: key financials (JPY)
Table 10: Ana Holdings Inc: key financial ratios
Table 11: Japan Airlines Co Ltd: key facts
Table 12: Japan Airlines Co Ltd: key financials (USD)
Table 13: Japan Airlines Co Ltd: key financials (JPY)
Table 14: Japan Airlines Co Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 15: Qantas Airways Limited: key facts
Table 16: Qantas Airways Limited: key financials (USD)
Table 17: Qantas Airways Limited: key financials (AUSD)
Table 18: Qantas Airways Limited: key financial ratios
Table 19: Skymark Airlines Inc.: key facts
Table 20: Japan size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 21: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Japan gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: Japan inflation, 2013-17
Table 24: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 25: Japan exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Ana Holdings Inc
Japan Airlines Co Ltd
Qantas Airways Limited
Skymark Airlines Inc.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"