Marine Freight in Germany
Marine Freight in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany marine freight market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The marine freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by ship of container and dry bulk cargo , by sea and ocean going vessels. The sector includes both domestic and international freight, which for the purposes of this report is counted in the country of origin. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The German marine freight industry had total revenues of USD2.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -5.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- The containerized segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD2.2bn, equivalent to 99.1% of the industry's overall value.
- In 2017, global marine freight rates stabilized following a disastrous 2016, this alongside growth in the volume of world trade has encouraged the recovery of the industry.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the marine freight market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the marine freight market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key marine freight market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany marine freight market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany marine freight market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany marine freight market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany marine freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Germany's marine freight market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
CMA CGM SA 20
Hamburg Sudamerikanische Dampfschifffahrts-Gesellschaft KG 23
Hapag-Lloyd AG 24
A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S 27
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany marine freight industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany marine freight industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Germany marine freight industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Germany marine freight industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the marine freight industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 11: CMA CGM SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: CMA CGM SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Hapag-Lloyd AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Hapag-Lloyd AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany marine freight industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany marine freight industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Germany marine freight industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Germany marine freight industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: CMA CGM SA: key facts
Table 6: CMA CGM SA: key financials (USD)
Table 7: CMA CGM SA: key financial ratios
Table 8: Hamburg Sudamerikanische Dampfschifffahrts-Gesellschaft KG: key facts
Table 9: Hapag-Lloyd AG: key facts
Table 10: Hapag-Lloyd AG: key financials (USD)
Table 11: Hapag-Lloyd AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 12: Hapag-Lloyd AG: key financial ratios
Table 13: A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S: key facts
Table 14: A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S: key financials (USD)
Table 15: A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S: key financials (DKK)
Table 16: A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S: key financial ratios
Table 17: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 18: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 21: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 22: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
CMA CGM SA
Hamburg Sudamerikanische Dampfschifffahrts-Gesellschaft KG
A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"