Burberry Group Plc (BRBY)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Burberry Group plc (Burberry) manufactures, retails, wholesales and sells luxury goods. It markets and sells accessories, men's and women's apparels, children wear, beauty and other products. In addition to this, it also offers sunglasses, watches, leather goods, handbags and beauty products. The company markets these products under Burberry brand. It distributes these products through a diversified network of retail, wholesale and licensing channels worldwide and manages its business operations through Burberry mainline stores, outlets, concessions stores and digital commerce platforms, franchisees, department stores and multi-brand specialty account stores. It also operates a Burberry mill and Burberry Castleford manufacturing facility in Yorkshire, England, the UK. The company also merchandises these products through burberry.com. It has presence in Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) and Americas regions. Burberry is headquartered in London, the UK.
Burberry Group Plc Key Recent Developments
Jul 11,2018: Burberry Q1 Comparable Sales Up 3%; Retail Revenue Nearly Flat
May 16,2018: Burberry FY18 Profit Rises, Revenues Down; Lifts Dividend; Backs Outlook
Feb 27,2018: Burberry chief marketing officer Sarah Manley to step down
Jan 03,2018: Burberry appoints new non-exec
Jul 10,2017: Carlsberg Group joins RE100 coalition of leading global companies committed to 100% renewable electricity
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Burberry Group Plc-Key Facts 6
Burberry Group Plc-Key Employees 7
Burberry Group Plc-Key Employee Biographies 8
Burberry Group Plc-Major Products and Services 9
Burberry Group Plc-History 10
Burberry Group Plc-Company Statement 12
Burberry Group Plc-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2-Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
Burberry Group Plc-Business Description 18
Business Segment: Licensing 18
Business Segment: Retail/wholesale 18
Key Stats 18
Geographical Segment: Americas 19
Target Markets 19
Geographical Segment: Asia Pacific 19
Target Markets 19
Geographical Segment: Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) 19
Geographical Segment: Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) 19
Target Markets 19
Burberry Group Plc-Corporate Strategy 20
Burberry Group Plc-SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis-Overview 22
Burberry Group Plc-Strengths 22
Burberry Group Plc-Weaknesses 23
Burberry Group Plc-Opportunities 24
Burberry Group Plc-Threats 25
Burberry Group Plc-Key Competitors 26
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 33
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 34
Jul 10, 2017: Carlsberg Group joins RE100 coalition of leading global companies committed to 100% renewable electricity 34
Jun 23, 2017: Burberry appoints new president Americas 35
May 03, 2017: Burberry appoints Judy Collinson as chief merchandising officer 36
Jan 13, 2017: Burberry announces board changes 37
Section 5-Appendix 38
Ratio Definitions 38
About GlobalData 42
Contact Us 42
List of Figures
Burberry Group Plc, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 31
Burberry Group Plc, Ratio Charts 33
List of Tables
Burberry Group Plc, Key Facts 6
Burberry Group Plc, Key Employees 7
Burberry Group Plc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Burberry Group Plc, Major Products and Services 9
Burberry Group Plc, History 10
Burberry Group Plc, Subsidiaries 15
Burberry Group Plc, Key Competitors 26
Burberry Group Plc, Ratios based on current share price 27
Burberry Group Plc, Annual Ratios 28
Burberry Group Plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Burberry Group Plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 30
Burberry Group Plc, Interim Ratios 32
Currency Codes 38
Capital Market Ratios 38
Equity Ratios 39
Profitability Ratios 39
Cost Ratios 40
Liquidity Ratios 40
Leverage Ratios 41
Efficiency Ratios 41
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Tiffany & Co.
Ralph Lauren Corporation
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE
Jacques Vert plc
Hermes International SA
Giorgio Armani SpA
Compagnie Financiere Richemont SA
Benetton Group SpA
Arcadia Group Limited
Burberry Group Plc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"