Biotechnology in Europe
Biotechnology in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe biotechnology market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The biotechnology market consists of the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
- The European biotechnology industry had total revenues of USD 67.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 43bn, equivalent to 63.4% of the industry's overall value.
- Italy has now overtaken the UK as the largest market in Europe and the uncertainties of Brexit are thought to have played a part in this. However, the industries in both countries remain close in terms of size, with Germany only slightly behind.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe biotechnology market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Europe biotechnology market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's biotechnology market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
AstraZeneca PLC 20
Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH 23
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd 26
Merck & Co., Inc. 30
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Europe biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Europe biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Europe biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in Europe, 2017
Figure 11: AstraZeneca PLC: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: AstraZeneca PLC: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Merck & Co., Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Merck & Co., Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Europe biotechnology industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Europe biotechnology industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Europe biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: AstraZeneca PLC: key facts
Table 6: AstraZeneca PLC: key financials (USD )
Table 7: AstraZeneca PLC: key financial ratios
Table 8: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key facts
Table 9: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key financials (EUR)
Table 11: Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH: key financial ratios
Table 12: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key facts
Table 13: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 14: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financials (CHF)
Table 15: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 16: Merck & Co., Inc.: key facts
Table 17: Merck & Co., Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 18: Merck & Co., Inc.: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"