Digital Landscape: Inflammatory Bowel Disease
The Digital Landscape Inflammatory Bowel Disease report analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharma in support of disease-modifying therapies for mild-to-moderate, and moderate-to-severe Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis (UC).
- US Patients: AbbVie offers the strongest support for IBD patients in the US, particularly branded, unbranded and mobile app. Janssen was the most active competitor in the branded and social media spaces in 2017. Branded activity also seen from pipeline and biosimilar competitors. No IBD-specific mobile apps detected from pharma. Opportunity exists for a well-integrated unbranded campaign to support patients, linked to social media and a mobile app.
- US HCPs: Good support available for US HCPs in the IBD branded space, with Stelara and Humira activity detected from Janssen and AbbVie in 2017, respectively. Unbranded and mobile app landscapes are sparse. Opportunities may exist to develop or sponsor content with trusted non-pharma organizations; social media activity restricted to corporate accounts.
- EUCAN Patients: Good brand support for patients in Germany, the UK, and Canada, with IBD-specific activity detected from Takeda and Janssen in 2017. No multi-country unbranded from biologics manufacturers with Ferring providing the only example. Unbranded support is strongest in Germany overall, with new sites launched by Janssen and Pfizer in 2017. Social media support is weak overall; EUCAN IBD patients have access to good mobile app offerings, however none detected in Italy.
- EUCAN HCPs: The EUCAN HCP landscape is underdeveloped. Most branded activity limited to Germany or the UK with all new activity seen in the UK in 2017. The unbranded and mobile app landscapes are particularly sparse, and partnerships with non-pharma organizations may offer more effective opportunities to engage with and support HCPs.
- This report analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharma in support of therapies for disease-modifying therapies for mild-to-moderate, and moderate-to-severe Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis (UC).
- The report includes digital activities directed towards patients and/or HCPs, including branded websites, unbranded disease awareness initiatives, social media and mobile apps.
- The report is based on analysis conducted by a combination of GlobalData's digital and disease-specific teams. It also includes analysis of data licensed from third parties e.g. website traffic, search engine optimization (SEO), digital display advertising, mobile app downloads, and social media interaction.
- The geographic scope of the report is the United States, Canada and the 5EU (UK, Germany, France, Italy & Spain), with EUCAN used as an abbreviation for Europe and Canada throughout.
- This report covers the research period from January-December 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Our Digital Landscape report provides an analysis of pharma multichannel activity in the digital IBD space, and can assist our pharma clients derive value in a number of ways-
- Competitive Intelligence: Track and compare key competitor activity across channels and identify key trends in IBD
- Digital Strategy: Strengthen corporate digital excellence, learn from industry best practice, and identify opportunities for novel digital campaigns
- Support new brand launch: See best practice examples of pre- and post-launch digital activities, ascertain must-have digital assets for patient and HCP engagement, and assess potential gaps and opportunities for pipeline brands
- Business Development & Licensing: Assess topics and trends shaping digital health in IBD and beyond, and learn about key patient and physician online activities in IBD.
Table of Contents
Landscape & Analysis
US: Patient-directed Activities
US HCP-directed Activities
EUCAN Patient-directed Activities
EUCAN HCP-directed Activities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
MSD / Merck
Roche / Genentech
Dr. Falk Pharma
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"