Generics in Turkey
Generics in Turkey industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Turkey generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic drug is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The Turkish generics market had total revenues of USD 2.2bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.7% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 58.7% in 2017.
- Despite being launched in 2003, the Health Transformation Program was intended to improve hospital infrastructure and utilize the latest technology. However, in late 2014, the first PPP project financially closed after an investment from Siemens.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in Turkey
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the generics market in Turkey
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Turkey generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Turkey generics market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Turkey generics market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Turkey generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Turkey's generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Market volume forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
Abdi Ibrahim Ilac Sanayi ve Ticaret AS 20
Deva Holding AS 21
Nobel Pharmaceuticals 24
Novartis AG 25
Macroeconomic Indicators 29
Country data 29
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Figures
Figure 1: Turkey generics market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Turkey generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2013-17
Figure 3: Turkey generics market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Turkey generics market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Turkey generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the generics market in Turkey, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the generics market in Turkey, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the generics market in Turkey, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the generics market in Turkey, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the generics market in Turkey, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the generics market in Turkey, 2017
Figure 12: Deva Holding AS: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Deva Holding AS: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Turkey generics market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Turkey generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2013-17
Table 3: Turkey generics market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Turkey generics market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Turkey generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2017-22
Table 6: Abdi Ibrahim Ilac Sanayi ve Ticaret AS: key facts
Table 7: Deva Holding AS: key facts
Table 8: Deva Holding AS: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Deva Holding AS: key financials (TL)
Table 10: Deva Holding AS: key financial ratios
Table 11: Nobel Pharmaceuticals: key facts
Table 12: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 13: Novartis AG: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 15: Turkey size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Turkey gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Turkey gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Turkey inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Turkey consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Turkey exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Abdi Ibrahim Ilac Sanayi ve Ticaret AS
Deva Holding AS
Generics, MarketLine, Turkey
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"