Pharmaceuticals in Australia
Pharmaceuticals in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Australia pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The Australian pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 24.2bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- Factors driving growth in Australia's pharmaceuticals market are similar to many other developed markets, including an increasingly elderly population and its associated disease burden.
- The subsidized cost of prescription medication through Australia's Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) for eligible patients has helped drive growth in the market by making these products more widely available.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Australia pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Australia pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Australia's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd 23
AstraZeneca PLC 27
GlaxoSmithKline Plc 30
Pfizer Inc. 34
Macroeconomic Indicators 38
Country data 38
Industry associations 41
Related MarketLine research 41
About MarketLine 42
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Australia pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Australia pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Australia pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in Australia, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in Australia, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in Australia, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in Australia, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in Australia, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in Australia, 2017
Figure 11: Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: AstraZeneca PLC: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: AstraZeneca PLC: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Pfizer Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Pfizer Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Australia pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Australia pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: Australia pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd: key facts
Table 6: Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd: key financials (ZAR)
Table 8: Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 9: AstraZeneca PLC: key facts
Table 10: AstraZeneca PLC: key financials (USD )
Table 11: AstraZeneca PLC: key financial ratios
Table 12: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key facts
Table 13: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 14: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 15: GlaxoSmithKline Plc: key financial ratios
Table 16: Pfizer Inc.: key facts
Table 17: Pfizer Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 18: Pfizer Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 19: Australia size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 20: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Australia gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Australia inflation, 2013-17
Table 23: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 24: Australia exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"