Pharmaceuticals in China
Pharmaceuticals in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the China pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The Chinese pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 108.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- An aging population and rapid growth of chronic diseases has fuelled the demand for pharmaceutical products.
- Growth in the Chines market is helped by rapid increases in spending on healthcare, although the continued popularity of traditional Chinese medicine limits the benefits felt by the pharmaceutical companies.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in China
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in China
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the China pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the China pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in China's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 22
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical Holdings Limited 22
Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd 23
Yangtze River Pharmaceutical Group 26
Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd 27
Macroeconomic Indicators 30
Country data 30
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Figures
Figure 1: China pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: China pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: China pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: China pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 11: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: China pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: China pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: China pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: China pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Guangzhou Pharmaceutical Holdings Limited: key facts
Table 6: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: key facts
Table 7: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: key financials (CNY)
Table 9: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 10: Yangtze River Pharmaceutical Group: key facts
Table 11: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: key facts
Table 12: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: key financials (CNY)
Table 14: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 15: China size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: China gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: China gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: China inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: China consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: China exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"