Pharmaceuticals in China
Pharmaceuticals in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the China pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The Chinese pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 108.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- An aging population and rapid growth of chronic diseases has fuelled the demand for pharmaceutical products.
- Growth in the Chines market is helped by rapid increases in spending on healthcare, although the continued popularity of traditional Chinese medicine limits the benefits felt by the pharmaceutical companies.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in China
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in China
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the China pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the China pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in China's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 22
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical Holdings Limited 22
Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd 23
Yangtze River Pharmaceutical Group 26
Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd 27
Macroeconomic Indicators 30
Country data 30
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Figures
Figure 1: China pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: China pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: China pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: China pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in China, 2017
Figure 11: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: China pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: China pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: China pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: China pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Guangzhou Pharmaceutical Holdings Limited: key facts
Table 6: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: key facts
Table 7: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: key financials (CNY)
Table 9: Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 10: Yangtze River Pharmaceutical Group: key facts
Table 11: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: key facts
Table 12: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: key financials (CNY)
Table 14: Yunnan Baiyao Group Co Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 15: China size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: China gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: China gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: China inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: China consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: China exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"