Pharmaceuticals in France
Pharmaceuticals in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the France pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare.
- The French pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of USD 36.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The French pharmaceutical market has experienced a decline, in spite of the medical problems associated with an aging population which should, in theory, drive up spending on pharmaceutical products.
- The French market's decline is largely due to the trend in developed markets to cut costs and spending on highly expensive branded drugs and find alternatives.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in France
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pharmaceuticals market in France
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the France pharmaceuticals market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the France pharmaceuticals market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in France's pharmaceuticals market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market share 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
AstraZeneca PLC 23
Laboratoires Pierre Fabre SA 26
Les Laboratoires Servier 28
Sanofi SA 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: France pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: France pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: France pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: France pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the pharmaceuticals market in France, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the pharmaceuticals market in France, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the pharmaceuticals market in France, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the pharmaceuticals market in France, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the pharmaceuticals market in France, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the pharmaceuticals market in France, 2017
Figure 11: AstraZeneca PLC: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: AstraZeneca PLC: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Sanofi SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Sanofi SA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: France pharmaceuticals market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: France pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: France pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: France pharmaceuticals market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: AstraZeneca PLC: key facts
Table 6: AstraZeneca PLC: key financials (USD )
Table 7: AstraZeneca PLC: key financial ratios
Table 8: Laboratoires Pierre Fabre SA: key facts
Table 9: Les Laboratoires Servier: key facts
Table 10: Sanofi SA: key facts
Table 11: Sanofi SA: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Sanofi SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 13: Sanofi SA: key financial ratios
Table 14: France size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: France gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: France gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: France inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: France consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: France exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"