Skincare in France
Skincare in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the France skincare market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The skincare market consists of the retail sale of facial care, body care, hand care, depilatories, and make-up remover products. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions have been made using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The French skincare market had total revenues of USD 4,237.4m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 0.5% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 347.8 million units in 2017.
- During the review period, economic challenges in France affected the country's skincare market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the skincare market in France
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the skincare market in France
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key skincare market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France skincare market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the France skincare market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the France skincare market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France skincare market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in France's skincare market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market volume 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market distribution 13
Market Outlook 14
Market value forecast 14
Market volume forecast 15
Five Forces Analysis 16
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 18
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
Beiersdorf AG 23
L'Oreal SA 26
Laboratoires Pierre Fabre SA 29
Yves Rocher International 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
Table 1: France skincare market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: France skincare market volume: million units, 2013-17
Table 3: France skincare market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: France skincare market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: France skincare market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 6: France skincare market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 7: France skincare market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 8: France skincare market volume forecast: million units, 2017-22
Table 9: Beiersdorf AG: key facts
Table 10: Beiersdorf AG: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Beiersdorf AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 12: Beiersdorf AG: key financial ratios
Table 13: L'Oreal SA: key facts
Table 14: L'Oreal SA: key financials (USD )
Table 15: L'Oreal SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 16: L'Oreal SA: key financial ratios
Table 17: Laboratoires Pierre Fabre SA: key facts
Table 18: Yves Rocher International: key facts
Table 19: France size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 20: France gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: France gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: France inflation, 2013-17
Table 23: France consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 24: France exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: France skincare market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: France skincare market volume: million units, 2013-17
Figure 3: France skincare market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: France skincare market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: France skincare market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 6: France skincare market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 7: France skincare market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 8: France skincare market volume forecast: million units, 2017-22
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the skincare market in France, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the skincare market in France, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the skincare market in France, 2017
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the skincare market in France, 2017
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the skincare market in France, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the skincare market in France, 2017
Figure 15: Beiersdorf AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Beiersdorf AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: L'Oreal SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: L'Oreal SA: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Laboratoires Pierre Fabre SA
Yves Rocher International
Consumer Packaged Goods, Personal Care, Skincare, MarketLine, France
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"