Home & Garden Products in Europe
Home & Garden Products in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe home & garden products market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The home & garden products market consists of gardening and outdoor living products, home improvement products, and homewares. Gardening and outdoor living includes garden buildings, manual and electric garden tools, garden utensils, outdoor living products (garden furniture, barbecues, ornaments), and plants and growing media (bulbs, compost, domestic fertilizer, flowering plants, seeds, shrubs and trees). Home improvement includes retail (not trade) sales of decorating materials (paint, varnish, wall tiles, wallpaper), Electricals hardware (alarms, light fittings, plugs, switches), hardware (brackets, locks, nails, bolts, nuts, etc.), other materials (adhesive, aggregates, boards, cement, doors, window frames, glass, bricks, timber, etc.), and manual and power tools. Homewares includes retail sales of home hardware (crockery, cutlery, glassware, rubbish bins, storage, mechanical utensils and home devices e.g. scales), lamps and lampshades, textiles and soft furnishings (bathroom textiles, beddings, cushions, futons, hammocks, mattresses, table linen, furniture covers, doormats), and window dressings (blinds, curtain poles, rails, curtains, hooks). Any currency conversions calculated using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The European home and garden products market had total revenues of USD 289.5bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The home improvement segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 147.7bn, equivalent to 51% of the market's overall value.
- Germany is the biggest driver of the European market, making up 24.8% of the value in 2017, followed by France and the UK, with 15.7% and 10.9% respectively.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the home & garden products market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the home & garden products market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key home & garden products market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe home & garden products market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe home & garden products market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Europe home & garden products market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe home & garden products market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's home & garden products market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market distribution 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
GROUPE ADEO SA 23
Inter IKEA Systems BV 25
Kingfisher Plc 28
Tengelmann Group 32
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe home & garden products market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Europe home & garden products market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Europe home & garden products market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Europe home & garden products market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Europe home & garden products market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: GROUPE ADEO SA: key facts
Table 7: Inter IKEA Systems BV: key facts
Table 8: Inter IKEA Systems BV: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Inter IKEA Systems BV: key financials (EUR)
Table 10: Inter IKEA Systems BV: key financial ratios
Table 11: Kingfisher Plc: key facts
Table 12: Kingfisher Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Kingfisher Plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 14: Kingfisher Plc: key financial ratios
Table 15: Tengelmann Group: key facts
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe home & garden products market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Europe home & garden products market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Europe home & garden products market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Europe home & garden products market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Europe home & garden products market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the home & garden products market in Europe, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the home & garden products market in Europe, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the home & garden products market in Europe, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the home & garden products market in Europe, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the home & garden products market in Europe, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the home & garden products market in Europe, 2017
Figure 12: Inter IKEA Systems BV: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Inter IKEA Systems BV: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Kingfisher Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Kingfisher Plc: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
GROUPE ADEO SA
Inter IKEA Systems BV
Home & Garden Products, MarketLine, Europe
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"