Sports Equipment in South Africa
Sports Equipment in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa sports equipment market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The sports equipment market includes ball sports equipment, adventure sports equipment, fishing equipment, golf equipment, racket sports equipment, winter sports equipment, and all other sports-dedicated equipment.
- The South African sports equipment market had total revenues of USD 1,337.8m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- Clothing, footwear and accessories specialists account for the largest proportion of sales in the South African sports equipment market in 2017, sales through this channel generated USD 348.9m, equivalent to 26.1% of the market's overall value.
- South African consumers generally purchase their items physically in stores rather than online.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the sports equipment market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the sports equipment market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key sports equipment market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa sports equipment market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Africa sports equipment market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the South Africa sports equipment market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa sports equipment market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is South Africa's sports equipment market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 9
Market distribution 10
Market Outlook 11
Market value forecast 11
Five Forces Analysis 12
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
adidas AG 20
NIKE Inc 23
Sportsmans Warehouse 27
Total Sports 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 29
Country data 29
Industry associations 32
Related MarketLine research 32
About MarketLine 33
List of Tables
Table 1: South Africa sports equipment market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: South Africa sports equipment market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: South Africa sports equipment market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: South Africa sports equipment market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: adidas AG: key facts
Table 6: adidas AG: key financials (USD )
Table 7: adidas AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: adidas AG: key financial ratios
Table 9: NIKE Inc: key facts
Table 10: NIKE Inc: key financials (USD )
Table 11: NIKE Inc: key financial ratios
Table 12: Sportsmans Warehouse: key facts
Table 13: Total Sports: key facts
Table 14: South Africa size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: South Africa gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: South Africa gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: South Africa inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: South Africa consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: South Africa exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: South Africa sports equipment market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: South Africa sports equipment market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: South Africa sports equipment market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: South Africa sports equipment market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the sports equipment market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the sports equipment market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the sports equipment market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the sports equipment market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the sports equipment market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the sports equipment market in South Africa, 2017
Figure 11: adidas AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: adidas AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: NIKE Inc: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: NIKE Inc: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Sports Equipment, MarketLine, South Africa
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"