Food & Grocery Retail in Denmark
Food & Grocery Retail in Denmark industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Denmark food & grocery retail market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The food & grocery retail market includes the retail sales of all food products, both packaged and unpackaged, as well as beverages (including retail sales of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), tobacco, and household products. All on-trade sales of food and beverage are excluded. All currency conversions are calculated at constant average 2017 exchange rates.
- The Danish food & grocery retail market had total revenues of USD 24.6bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The food segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 17.2bn, equivalent to 69.7% of the market's overall value.
- The economy in this country has stabilized in recent years, which has resulted in a growth in consumer spending and a rise in consumer confidence. However, consumers in this market remain price sensitive which has curbed growth to an extent.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the food & grocery retail market in Denmark
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the food & grocery retail market in Denmark
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key food & grocery retail market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Denmark food & grocery retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Denmark food & grocery retail market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Denmark food & grocery retail market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Denmark food & grocery retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Denmark's food & grocery retail market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Category segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 10
Market distribution 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 22
Coop Denmark 22
Dagrofa A/S 23
Reitangruppen AS 24
Salling Group A/S 25
Macroeconomic Indicators 27
Country data 27
Industry associations 30
Related MarketLine research 30
About MarketLine 31
List of Tables
Table 1: Denmark food & grocery retail market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Denmark food & grocery retail market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Denmark food & grocery retail market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Denmark food & grocery retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Denmark food & grocery retail market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Coop Denmark: key facts
Table 7: Dagrofa A/S: key facts
Table 8: Reitangruppen AS: key facts
Table 9: Salling Group A/S: key facts
Table 10: Denmark size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 11: Denmark gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 12: Denmark gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 13: Denmark inflation, 2013-17
Table 14: Denmark consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 15: Denmark exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Denmark food & grocery retail market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Denmark food & grocery retail market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Denmark food & grocery retail market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Denmark food & grocery retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Denmark food & grocery retail market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the food & grocery retail market in Denmark, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the food & grocery retail market in Denmark, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the food & grocery retail market in Denmark, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the food & grocery retail market in Denmark, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the food & grocery retail market in Denmark, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the food & grocery retail market in Denmark, 2017
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Salling Group A/S
Food & Grocery Retail, MarketLine, Denmark
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"